Do you feel your home could be haunted?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I 'saw' my mum clear as can be a couple of weeks after her death. Wasn't her ghost just my disturbed mind playing tricks on me.

Tbh I'd love for ghosts and all the other codswallop that circulates in this vein to be true as I could then stop thinking about the lack of years that I have left and start planning my afterlife cash flow etc.

My S-I-L is a nightmare with all this nonsense - she is forever wittering on about her guardian angel looking out for her. Whatever gets people through I suppose although it doesn't make them any less of a crackpot. Mind you I suppose in this day and age we have to respect diversity in all forms even that of the fruitcake variety. :smile:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I'm yet to be swayed by ghost stories. We sometimes see things and our mind finds a form to fit with what we can't quite make out. I remember cycling home one dark and stormy night when in the distance i saw what i thought was a youth sat on the pavement by a bus shelter, dressed in blue denim, looking at a phone. It was odd because it was the middle of winter and folk don't tent to sit on paving slabs at midnight. As i got closer, it turned out the be a toppled pile of blue plastic roadworks fencing. I guess from a distance, in the dark, my brain did it's best to interpret the form as something familiar.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You've popped your bottle!
Something has!:eek:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You wouldn't accept a simple scientific explanation anyway, so why do you ask?

I'll bet it wasn't a screw cap to the bottle. Ghosts seem to have big difficulties with screw caps.
I've just worked it out. The plastic bottle was next to the hob,which was in use at the time. The heat from the hob caused the air inside the plastic olive oil bottle to expand,causing the air to force it's way out of the bottle. As it did,it forced the top off the bottle.:thanks:

classic33

Leg End Member
You wouldn't accept a simple scientific explanation anyway, so why do you ask?

I'll bet it wasn't a screw cap to the bottle. Ghosts seem to have big difficulties with screw caps.
Screw caps might be too new for some.

Think Back to the future, where Marty was expecting a screw cap.

Top Bottom