Do you find yourself going as fast as you can when you commute or are you more relaxed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mgarl10024

Über Member
Oh good grief - you're even racing vegetables now? ;)
It's better than beating eggs. :blush: Badum tish.

As to the question, I do tend to put some effort in to get to where I am going, but without being silly about it.
I do find that regardless of what I want to do, my body seems to vary a lot between two extremes. Some days, I get on the bike and I'm absolutely powering along, zipping up hills, and I get home and feel fantastic and 'alive' (endorphins no doubt). Another day, same conditions, same day of the week, and it's a struggle - I'll be trying to put in effort but I'm much slower and am thinking "just keep the pedals turning" with it all about just getting there in one piece.
I'd love the know the magic combination of sleep/weather/food/hydration which unlocks the first one.

D

Deleted member 1258

I wear kevlar/Carbon Fibre capped boots- a little bit lighter. in general . not just because I cycle in them.

Steel toe caps were part of my PPE, I had to wear them, as I didn't want to mess around changing when I got to work I cycled in them.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1258

Steel toe caps were part of my PPE, I had to wear them, as I didn't want to mess around changing when I got to work I cycled in them.

My boots are proper PPE with the correct BS EN and ISO. Have to wear on site . But so much lighter on feet . Cheaper than steel equivalent boots too !

Corrected my post, typing on my phone the auto correct changed PPE to PPI without me realising.

D

Deleted member 1258

@dave r Always wear my steelies on the commute. Useful when you have to give some panels a few good kicks to emphasise a point.

I never found I needed to kick panels

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
I never found I needed to kick panels
In that case keep cycling where you are. For some reason the council here are obsessed with building weird gradually-narrowing road build outs in some sort of engineering-cyclist-motorist-crush f***wittery. And motorists aren't great at realising that cyclists cannot ride through a kerb.

It's a case of kicking panels or stopping and getting run over by the dozy person behind you.

D

Deleted member 1258

In that case keep cycling where you are. For some reason the council here are obsessed with building weird gradually-narrowing road build outs in some sort of engineering-cyclist-motorist-crush f***wittery. And motorists aren't great at realising that cyclists cannot ride through a kerb.

It's a case of kicking panels or stopping and getting run over by the dozy person behind you.

aah pinch points, we have them here, I just use primary.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Can you actually get joule boots with cleat mounts? Safety boots are really good value for walking/rambling but I'm wondering if the manufacturers have realised that there's a market for cyclists as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom