Do You Get The Munchies After A Ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Perry

My average ride to work is only 30 mins.

Even if I eat before my ride, when I get to work I'm hungry again.

I know it's not dehydration as I drink plenty during and after my ride.

Am I un-doing the benifits of the ride by eating straight after?

Nope. You're replacing the energy you've lost, and giving your body nutrients to get big and strong.

If you're interested in weight loss, try the GI diet.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I'm not particularly hungry when I get to work but I like to make a point of eating plenty at my desk anyway because I think it annoys my colleagues (a man's gotta keep motivated somehow). I also like to eat my lunch in three minutes flat, say that "I could eat another", then get a dessert. No-one else does, but I bet they want one.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I eat for England anyway, but after a fifty mile ride (not a commute, obviously) you better lock the cupboards! :biggrin:

mr Mag00

rising member
i believe you have 20 minutes to replace the carbohydrates used during exercise post exercise to help rebuild muscle energy and enable to continue a good degree of training

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Even after a shortish ride, say ten miles i have a reasonable appetite. After a long ride, 50 plus miles I can eat for England. It is just the bodies way of replacing the calories that have just been used up.

i find you get munchies less if you dont smoke dope while riding..

Hugo15

Über Member
I get the munchies about half way into my 30 mins commute. The same happens on the way home too. Do you think this has something to do with the smell of freshly baked bread from the Warburtons factory? ;)

Keith Oates

Janner
When I get home from my commute I like a long cold drink, then make a large hot cup of tea and relax whilst drinking that before going to take a shower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I feel hungry pretty much as soon as i get home. Before sometimes, but depending where i am, depends if i decide to eat and ride. Dont eat while going up the Westdale Lane, due to the fact i'm pushing hard up there and feel no need to eat(sometimes felt as if i would see what i had ate again aswellxx()
When i get home, i normally dive for a cereal bar and eat that before i get changed. Then just start eating when i have done really.

Top Bottom