do you have a "lust after" bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What was the waiting list for the frame like ? I'm also curious on how the paint job gets chosen/inspired - did you make a suggestion or leave it to them ?

i got mine years ago... 10 i think! the wait wasn't too bad.... except they went on holiday in August and the frame was locked in the paint shop! think it was 4 months in the end.

i chose the paint scheme from the various ones available and the colours (basically a 2 colour job). i then received a call from the shop to say Dario wants to know what colour border between the two.

95% was my suggestion, but i wasn't too fussed really.

thom

____
i got mine years ago... 10 i think! the wait wasn't too bad.... except they went on holiday in August and the frame was locked in the paint shop! think it was 4 months in the end.

i chose the paint scheme from the various ones available and the colours (basically a 2 colour job). i then received a call from the shop to say Dario wants to know what colour border between the two.

95% was my suggestion, but i wasn't too fussed really.

Cheers : I think you have to wait about 2 years these days !

zigzag

Veteran
However when it comes to lust, I think something I doubt I'll ever own but I think few could deny it's beauty, it would be Italian steel :

_SCN4060%5BCopy%20001%5D.jpg
(

Pegoretti bikes are just gorgeous, wonders to behold that look great with or without waterfalls...

to save some time, ask less busy framebuilder to join steel tubes and Adrian could paint the frame for you - job done! :thumbsup:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Well there are a few bikes I'd like to own if could afford, from makers like Seven, Parlee, Serotta or Look, with carbon frames, top of the range wheels, electronic shifting and self inflating tyres. However when it comes to lust, I think something I doubt I'll ever own but I think few could deny it's beauty, it would be Italian steel :

_SCN4060%5BCopy%20001%5D.jpg
(

Pegoretti bikes are just gorgeous, wonders to behold that look great with or without waterfalls...

Seriously? That things paint job makes it look like a battered old hack! It's gross!

thom

____
Seriously? That things paint job makes it look like a battered old hack! It's gross!
Oh definitely - take a look at their website. I really don't know if better looking bikes exist and this is awesome, particularly when you see the detailing.
If you want a plain bike, look elsewhere, these ones aren't supposed to be for you.

Oh definitely - take a look at their website. I really don't know if better looking bikes exist and this is awesome, particularly when you see the detailing.
If you want a plain bike, look elsewhere, these ones aren't supposed to be for you.

indeed. see one up close and you 'get it'. if you don't, then fair enough. as soon as i saw one in the flesh (as it were) i knew i had to have it.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Ive always wanted to try out a top end TT bike just to see if there really is much of a noticeable difference in my speed. I still wouldnt bother using clip in pedals or even a helmet which is probably like buying a motorbike or sports car and actually sticking to the speed limits. I love the CR1 I got now (avatar) and I have no intentions of competing but I do like seeing big numbers on my speedo. I just like speeding.

It took me a long time to be convinced that spd pedals would make me faster, but they do! Especially at speed downhill because I feel a lot more in control.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
@fossyant

here you go.... I have my Van Nick back.
The Euros had to go back as the frame was faulty. They replaced it under warranty with the 2013 Ventus frame. So well chuffed.

Top Bottom