do you have a "lust after" bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
Here's my old bus. It's as slow as I am, and I really like riding it. With that fully enclosed chain, no "style challenges" such as trouser clips, or the really criminal tucking of the trousers into socks. And it comes complete with a proper 'ding-dong' bell.

Attachments

• Pashley.jpeg
    Pashley.jpeg
    17.6 KB · Views: 83

screenman

Legendary Member
The wife gave me a £1,000 a few months back totally out of the blue to put towards another bike, trouble is I have not got a clue what I fancy.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bmc/teammachine-slr01-ult-2011-road-bike-ec029994 This one at a mere £2799.99 has a certain appeal about it.:becool:I think those yellow dust caps are the icing on the cake!:thumbsup:

IMO, other than the BMC Timemachine, BMC bikes are generally ugly as sin.

For reference: Timemachine

bmc-timemachine-tm01-dura-ace-di2.jpg

Is there one that you really really really want but you know you could never afford it or it would be totally impractical anyway?
I have several, I change my mind a lot.
My current obsession is with electra bikes -we've just started selling them online with Halfords so I get to look at them a lot when I'm supposed to be working.
They are just so purdy. They tend to be around £500 which is not excessive in itself, but for a bike that I would only use occasionally for very short trips it's just not justifiable. So I continue to look and drool.
There is a little part of me that thinks I might actually be disappointed if I ever got one too.
I also really want a trike, with seats on the back. I could afford a second hand one, but where would I keep it?! As a family we already have 7 bikes in the yard and two in the front room.
So, tell me what you want, what you really really want.
It has taken me many years to find 2 road bikes that actually fit me. At slightly under 5 feet tall, I ride a 45cm frame with 700 wheels; until recently, I was stuck with bikes with 650 wheels. I now have a Scott stem for the Whistle. and a Whistle that fit me, though I did need to get a shorter

Top Bottom