do you have a "lust after" bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
At the moment it's one of these but only because I discovered them last night whilst buying stickers...it will be something else next week...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343811701.958518.jpg

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
This ....
Holdsworth-L.jpg

The above is quite lovely. Just the right side of ostentatious. It should come wrapped in foil, like a choccy bar.

I bought my first bike with a front derailleur at Holdsworths (then on Lwr. Richmond Rd.) as it was only a short walk from my rowing club.

It was a Peugeot Premier and I paid about £100 for it in the early Eighties. It was about the cheapest thing they had, but to me it was beyond rubies.

The ability to have TWO spreads of five gears made me feel like a god. Before Ergoshifters, nobody moaned about the difficulty of changing gear while out of the saddle. Aaaah... nostalgia,

Elsewhere in the shop there were machines costing several times that.... It was like being in the British Library or some sort of temple.

I will go and wallow now in whimsical nostalgia over a strong coffee. Thanks for the picture.

I might even replace my longing for a steel Colnago and a Bimota DB1 with one like the above (and obviously a DB1 too). But with Italian cycleparts, obviously.

Aaaaah...... Whimsy.

postman

Legendary Member
Koga signature from Cycle Sense of Tadcaster.
bob\'s drean bike..png

Octet

Veteran
I don't know too much about bicycles (learning though :tongue:) but I just go to online stores, flick the filter to 'From High to Low' and look at the £10000 ones and think... dream on :biggrin:

IanT

http://www.sprocketwaffle.co.uk
Just collected mine - a Trek Domane 4.5 with American Classic 420 Aero 3 wheels.

It's an absolute honey - and really flys along.

580744_4483564130681_2107094903_n.jpg

Never ever imagined I would own a bike this good.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
No need to spend £2799.99 to get yellow dustcaps - just buy Continental inner tubes.

Top Bottom