do you have a "lust after" bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I don't normally like BMC, but this .........
2013%20BMC%20timemachine%20TMR01%20Dura%20Ace%20Di2%20Team.jpg

Rando

Veteran
Van_Nicholas_Mistral_Apex_Titanium_Road_Racing_Bike_2012.jpg

equilibrium-20_highres.jpg

These are both seriously stunning looking bikes...

Which one though if you can only own 1 of them ? Tough call.

Bigsharn

Veteran
Van Nicholas Pioneer 29er w/ Belt-driven Rohloff. Part of that being because I've never ridden a belt drive bike (and belts apparently last longer than chains)

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Van Nicholas Pioneer 29er w/ Belt-driven Rohloff. Part of that being because I've never ridden a belt drive bike (and belts apparently last longer than chains)

I've got something that's close - a Woodrup Chimera. The only thing that I've adjusted in 1,000 miles is the front brake to accommodate pad wear. My lusting for this bike was satisfied in less than a year from first seeing the naked frame of the prototype on Woodrup Cycles' workshop.

6943907621_c20dd7c8ee_z.jpg

My lusting for two wheeled devices is now focused on becoming the owner of a BSA Gold Star

bsa_gold_star.jpg

Typhon

I started cycling less than 2 months ago and I love my Triban 3 but I can't help lusting after carbon bikes. The black & red Pinarellos and the green and white Bianchis are particularly gorgeous:

pinarello-fp-due-105-2012-road-bike.jpg

bianchi-infinito-veloce-compact-2012-road-bike.jpg

Ah well, just another incentive to get fit enough to deserve one of these babies!

Ive always wanted to try out a top end TT bike just to see if there really is much of a noticeable difference in my speed. I still wouldnt bother using clip in pedals or even a helmet which is probably like buying a motorbike or sports car and actually sticking to the speed limits. I love the CR1 I got now (avatar) and I have no intentions of competing but I do like seeing big numbers on my speedo. I just like speeding.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I don't normally like BMC, but this .........
2013%20BMC%20timemachine%20TMR01%20Dura%20Ace%20Di2%20Team.jpg

That really is nice! Gently sloping top tube looks great! I do love the BMC Timemachine TT bike and have for a long while. For a second (upon seeing this image) I thought that some arse had slung drops on the time machine TT bike, before I realised this is a legitimate road bike version.

thom

____
Well there are a few bikes I'd like to own if could afford, from makers like Seven, Parlee, Serotta or Look, with carbon frames, top of the range wheels, electronic shifting and self inflating tyres. However when it comes to lust, I think something I doubt I'll ever own but I think few could deny it's beauty, it would be Italian steel :

_SCN4060%5BCopy%20001%5D.jpg
(

Pegoretti bikes are just gorgeous, wonders to behold that look great with or without waterfalls...

hoopdriver

Guru
I am lucky. I have my lusted for bicycles: a Pegoretti Luigino and a bespoke lightweight tourer that I had built for me by Mark Reilly at Enigma. And both are everything wanted them to be.

Top Bottom