do you have a "lust after" bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A Windcheeta recumbent. Rode one a few years ago and was utterly smitten :wub:
I always fancied doing some fast Yorkshire downhills on one of them!
And a Lotus bike as used by C Boardman. I would sell a kidney to get my hands on one.
Whereas, I never liked the Lotus bike one little bit!

I don't lust after any particular bike at the moment. What I do lust after is the slim, fit cyclist's physique that I had a few years ago so I could once again enjoy riding the bikes I already own!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I've seen that bike in a few incarnations, from the original one hanging up in Mike's workshop in Rackheath, to one ot the ones from Barcelona.
It's utterly, utterly lovely - the most smooth, streamlined and elegant bike I have ever seen.
And since the UCI rule changes, possibly the most beautiful bike that will ever exist.
IMHO, obviously.
Oh lord, I've come over all gushy :wub: :smooch:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Toss up between

extensor_4.jpg

and

exage_2.jpg

Friz

The more you ride, the less your ass will hurt.
Out of my league and totally impractical for a dirty moutainbiker such as myself.

But my god does this give me the horn. I hope to have enough saved to get it next spring.

agree-gtc-pro-3f_01.jpg

726px-BimotaDB1.JPG

Showing my age.... but this would be mine.

To me, all beautiful pedal bicycles are equally beautiful, but I like the idea of a very light steel Colnago from some years ago.

I love to see enthusiasm for these whizzbang-fantastico things, but I cannot get excited about a new, top-of-the-pile carbon road bike. I also feel a little odd about the recent-ish fashion for writing POSH WHEEL in very big letters on a rim and POSH FRAME in very big letters on a frame and then making sure that the bottles and tyres and tape all match and remain spotless until replaced the next month.

It's uncomfortably like the emergence in the 80s of the budget end of the Turbo car market, where Renault Fuego turbos seemed to have TURBO writ large on every possible panel. It looked tarty then and (on a bicycle) these things still do to me.

Sorry.:sad:

I'm wrong anyway, so there's no need to tell me I am.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Another vote for a Vortex, I am going to seriously review the penny jar this winter to see if I can get one.

vortex_2012-1603-3_d_2.jpg
'd get a seriously sweaty back riding that! Doesn't anybody make a recumbent with a well-ventilated mesh seat?

subaqua

What’s the point
It seems that every time I lust after a bike I end up buying it.
Not good for the wallet, oh no.

my wif caught me giving this bike http://www.decathlon.co.uk/btwin-facet-5-id_8203212.html the look i gave my tourer just before i bought that . i didn't realise I had a look like that. she looked at the price tag and said if i bought it it wouldn't crush my nuts as she would have removed them while i was aslepp one night.

Top Bottom