Do You Have a Pair of dhb Earnley Bib Shorts in L or M?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Just a quick question on sizing really- if you've a pair of dhb Earnley bibshorts, could you lay the leg flat and measure the leg cuff (& post the result)?

The XL (I take an XL in their bibknicks) seems to have increased in size, or my thighs have moved further from the "Boonen" end of the scale, the legs are MASSIVE.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I've got a pair in a medium and have always found the cuffs slightly tight, but I do have thunder-thighs... :rolleyes:

buddha

Veteran
I've got a pair in a medium and have always found the cuffs slightly tight, but I do have thunder-thighs... :rolleyes:
Ditto to medium and "thunder thighs" (27inches
icon_redface.gif
), they are a bit too tight there. Otherwise fine everywhere else. Though I've found that they wear more quickly than my other shorts (gore, lusso, even aldi).

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Ditto to medium and "thunder thighs" (27inches
icon_redface.gif
), they are a bit too tight there. Otherwise fine everywhere else. Though I've found that they wear more quickly than my other shorts (gore, lusso, even aldi).

I've only got Aldi and other DHB to compare them to. I don't wear them a huge amount and have found them to be ok in terms of wear.

Where do you measure thigh circumference? I'm still carrying fat on my legs (having lost nearly 7 stone) so mine's more lard but there's some muscles bulking it out under there too.

buddha

Veteran
I've only got Aldi and other DHB to compare them to. I don't wear them a huge amount and have found them to be ok in terms of wear.

Where do you measure thigh circumference? I'm still carrying fat on my legs (having lost nearly 7 stone) so mine's more lard but there's some muscles bulking it out under there too.
To be fair, my Earnley shorts are 2 years old, so the material may have changed since.
Re thunder-thigh measurement, I took it from the middle of the thigh, where there is a bulge - I recall there being a whole thread on this subject some time ago!
Thankfully the chip fat seems to have mostly gone from my thighs. However it seems to have taken refuge around the belly
sad.gif

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have a pair of the DHBs in size XL and find the legs a bit on the tight side. I've just measured the shorts and they are about 18.5 inches along the cuffs (unstretched). My legs are moderately chunky - 25 inches maximum circumference.

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Well, I am glad to know that so many of you have spectacular thighs.

Does anyone have an L or M pair they can measure though?

(Do feel free to describe the impressive nature of your musculature in your answer, btw ;) ).

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I'll stick a tape on mine tonight. Sorry, I got caught up in the talk of large thighs and forgot the purpose of the thread...

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Righto - my DHB XL Earnleys measure 21.5cm across the leg (with the leg flat). I'd assume that gives them a circumference of 43cm, or 17in in the old money.

My favourie shorts for the fit of the leg are a pair of Nalini six panel, which measure 19.5 across the leg, or 39cm circumference, 15.3in.

Oddly, trying the Earnleys again, they don't seem to ride up half as much as they did first time around (although they still sit higher than the Nalini shorts).

DAMN MY PUNY THIGHS.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I have a pair of medium DHB Earnley shorts. Just measured them in the office, hope no-one saw!

Legs laid flat they're about 19.5cm, they're a good fit - not too tight and they don't ride up.

So my weedy thighs win*

*It's all grade 'A' muscle mind, zero flab content.

Top Bottom