Do you have any phobia's..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi all.
We all must have them to a certain degree , but do you have any intense phobia,s of anything particular. Most things don't bother me to be honest with the big exception of one. Scorpions. I've never seen one personally but a picture ,or seen on the TV sends me gringing away. Sometimes it can be that bad I will often break out in a cold sweat just looking at them and my heart will race away. I think the phobia for scorpions is called arachnophobia which also describes the fear of spiders ,but they don't bother me in the slightest ( Boris the spiders been living on my ceiling for months now and I've got quite attached to him :-). He,s the only company I've got nowadays at home.
I'm often intrigued to know why such a thing as a scorpion sends me into a fit of horror considering I've never been in contact with one or had any bad experiences with them.
So I was wondering what strange phobias that may have you would like to share ( apart from the obvious BMW / Range Rover drivers whilst out cycling :-)
All the very best
Johnny .

Drago

Legendary Member
Slightly claustrophobic. Not enough to be a real issue.

vickster

Legendary Member
Cold egg of any description :stop: especially in mayonnaise xx(xx(xx(xx(xx(

I can barely be in the same room as the repulsive stuff :wacko:

Don't much like snakes either :boxing:

gbb

Legendary Member
I used to be really quite squeamish about spiders yet always knew they couldn't hurt you. I tried a few times to handle an odd house spider but it usually ended up in me throwing it in the air accompanied by aarrrgh sounds. My wife would often chase me with them, much to her amusement and my bleating like a kid.
But I beat it in the end..,,picking up slow moving, short legged garden spiders helped, they don't move fast, don't surprise you.
House spiders are not a problem anymore.....tarantulas may be another matter :whistle:

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Bananas.

I cannot stand the smell. It really does make me want to throw up. I won't have them in the house. When we were in Porto the other week a woman opened one behind me. Jo saw it happen, I didn't. It took me about half a second to smell it.

I don't really enjoy the sight of them as a result.

Apparently, I used to eat them as a kid.

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
I know it's down to ignorance on my behalf when you hear of other people's phobias , but it's hard to understand what makes them fear something you don't.
I wonder what actually triggers a person to have a phobia of certain things in life.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
I know it's down to ignorance on my behalf when you hear of other people's phobias , but it's hard to understand what makes them fear something you don't.
I wonder what actually triggers a person to have a phobia of certain things in life.
Phobias are weird. If my fears in life were rational, I would be scared when I went cycling, because there is a real chance of injury or worse. Yet I've never been scared to go cycling.

Top Bottom