Do you have any phobia's..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
I'm unlikely to ever meet one, but I'm not sure I fancy an encounter with a Surinam Toad (giving birth to live young out of its back and all that)

upload_2017-6-12_22-31-51.png

Other than that, and more frequently encountered (if rather less hygienic) - Volvo drivers.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Swedocrapophobia.

Actually I think their stuff is pretty good for the money but I just get panicky even thinking about going in. After the afformentioned incident I paid £10 delivery for a single kitchen cabinet handle costing a couple of quid. Never been i there since.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
....and they dangle down precipices too....:eek:

Not so keen on that part but do tollerate it. I still shudder remembering when I dropped 3 m when one of the (fortunately) 2 belays came adrift, a tv sized rock itself missing me by inches before it dropped the 80m to the floor. Needed a few quiet moments after that. Bery scary but I didn't panic like the ikea thing

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I find dealing with heights gets worse the older you get. I used to enjoy rock climbing many years ago but nowadays going up a ladder makes me feel uncomfortable.
I have idly thought of getting help to overcome the fear because I quite like the activities that sometimes require me to be a bit better. I can just about go up three floors on a ladder, but I'm sweating with fear. BTW, The builder who encouraged me told me to keep my hands on the uprights, not the rungs. That way, you always have two hands on the ladder.

Last edited:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Feet. I really can't stand feet. Baby's feet are ok, but anyone over the age of say 8 or 9, i just can't stand them. I feel positively sick i would absolutely faint if anyone touched me with their feet.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I have idly thought of getting help to overcome the fear because I quite like the activities that sometimes require me to be a bit better. I can just about go up three floors on a ladder, but I'm sweating with fear. BTW, The builder who encouraged me told me to keep my hands on the uprights, not the rungs. That way, you always have two hands on the ladder.
I think being 30foot up a ladder is quite understandably frightening.

I don't like heights either. I am better if I am alone, I don't trust other people doing silly things around me causing me to worry.

I freaked out at the CN tower on the glass floor and got stuck coming down a Pyramid in Mexico. I had to bump down on my bum.

I can't watch those YouTube videos of people dangling from tall towers.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Big moths. They scare me,especially when they suddenly take off. I had a needle(injections) phobia for 35 years,meaning i avoided them at all costs. The phobia disappeared when i ended up with cancer and had to have around 50 injections during the treatment. Though i still can't watch the needle going in. I think these are fairly rational phobias. A fear of scary insects and pain are/is understandable. Now a work colleague years ago was scared of tomatoes. Surely that's illogical?

vickster

Legendary Member
Big moths. They scare me,especially when they suddenly take off. I had a needle(injections) phobia for 35 years,meaning i avoided them at all costs. The phobia disappeared when i ended up with cancer and had to have around 50 injections during the treatment. Though i still can't watch the needle going in. I think these are fairly rational phobias. A fear of scary insects and pain are/is understandable. Now a work colleague years ago was scared of tomatoes. Surely that's illogical?
Attack-of-the-Killer-Tomatoes-Featured.jpg

Top Bottom