Do you have any phobia's..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Snakes. As a boy whilst out hunting with my dad and some friends, I almost stood on an adder. I froze and could only stare as it was shaped up to sink it's teeth into me. Just as it was about to strike, I heard a huge bang and the snake exploded. My dad's pal shot it at almost point blank range with a shotgun . No one batted an eye but I was devastated, and have been scared of them ever since.

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
I could understand if a phobia exists ,if you've had a bad experience with it, but why would I be terrified of scorpions that I've thankfully never encountered. As you rightly say " Welsh Wheels " phobia's are weird.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Snakes. As a boy whilst out hunting with my dad and some friends, I almost stood on an adder. I froze and could only stare as it was shaped up to sink it's teeth into me. Just as it was about to strike, I heard a huge bang and the snake exploded. My dad's pal shot it at almost point blank range with a shotgun . No one batted an eye but I was devastated, and have been scared of them ever since.

F-me ! Someone shot an adder that you were standing on. lucky you still have both feet.

Mrs M

Guru
IMG_1103.JPG
Centipedes
And Slaters and forky tales :thumbsdown:

View attachment 356918 Centipedes
And Slaters and forky tales :thumbsdown:

And that. Misanthropophobia and whatever that is.

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
The ex brother in-law has just bought one of those 3d TVs, and was showing me a David Attenborough dvd in its full glory of 3d. This scorpion on it came crawling out of the TV towards me. I was off the sofa in a flash in a cold sweat .

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I discovered I had claustrophobia after a panic attack in Ikea. The whole place is so deliberately manipulative and just freaked me out and I ended up creating a scene by barging down the up escallator. I only just managed to stop myself from kicking open the fire doors and setting the alarms off. Drove home and even 20 minutes later on arrival my wife says "what's wrong, you're as white as a sheet". Strange thing is I've been caving for nearly 40 years with no bother. This includes the normal share of "squeezes" as well as rhe big stuff with no worries at all

I discovered I had claustrophobia after a panic attack in Ikea. The whole place is so deliberately manipulative and just freaked me out and I ended up creating a scene by barging down the up escallator. I only just managed to stop myself from kicking open the fire doors and setting the alarms off. Drove home and even 20 minutes later on arrival my wife says "what's wrong, you're as white as a sheet". Strange thing is I've been caving for nearly 40 years with no bother. This includes the normal share of "squeezes" as well as rhe big stuff with no worries at all

Swedocrapophobia.

Cp40Carl

Über Member

Crikey! Exploding snake - reckon it's offspring now have a phobia about men with shotguns.

Top Bottom