Do you know what I mean

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I'm going to start finishing (:okay:) everything I say with "if I may be so bold".

It'll make a change from my usual "as the actress said to the bishop". People are tiring of that one. Especially in work meetings. As in "Going forward, we need to pay attention to our figures, as the actress said to the bishop".

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
"To be honest with you..."
Aaargh! And what was worse is I started saying it too. Like a sodding virus.

I hate that too, especially when clients start saying it. I'm a solicitor.

I have often been tempted to ask what part of what they've said to me before hasn't been honest?

MisterStan

Label Required
I used to work with a guy, who would say 'you did, did you?' or 'he did, did he?' or 'it is, is it?' as a reply to almost anything.

It was quite difficult not saying, 'Yes he did, that's why I flaming well said it!'

iamRayRay

Quads of Steel
Oh this thread is going to go Viral.

"At the end of the day" yes!!! Completely agree with ^ drives me nuts!

"If you know what I mean" - my wife hahahah!

"You know" - office guy

RWright

Guru
I know what you mean, know what I'm sayin? :smile: My NFL team's former coach said "you know" about thirty times every two minutes in about every interview I ever saw him do. Very annoying.

gbb

Legendary Member
A South African who ended every sentence with "Yeh !" ........... used to drive me mad.

We had a manager who did the same. Even talking to customers, important people, he'd end a sentence with a forceful 'Yeah'. I think it sounds awful, like your pointing at the person and saying 'yeah :angry:'

"I went into town today, I did".

"I got some cheap bananas in Sainsbury's, I did".

"I saw someone go through a red light, I did".

Arrghhh.

Friend of ours does that. Is this person a bit self promoting, full of him/herself ?
Our friend, lovely as she is, does that...'I did' thing...and never wants to talk about anything other than herself. I did wonder...I did :laugh:...is this a way of further enforcing the '.its all about me '

Top Bottom