Do you mickle?

Do you mickle?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HovR

Über Member
Im one of those people who's name has come to be associated with something he didnt invent! Like Marconi and Bell and ... Er.. those other guys.

Well, we could either say "Mickle method" or "Method where you repeatedly wipe and lube your chain". I personally find the former easier. ;)

Davidc

Guru
Out of interest, do you do your own work on your bike, or do you send it to a bike shop?

Even if Mickle'ing the chain didn't extend drivechain life, I'd still continue doing it as working on a nice clean drive chain achieved by the Mickle method is so much nicer than one saturated in oil!

Do my own, though one of my bikes has lifetime servicing on it so it does see the bike shop occasionally if I'm feeling lazy.

The Mickle method is almost the same as I was shown at the bike shop in 1967 when I bought my Holdsworth and I've used it ever since, but decided to find out what happens with maintenance just above none since most of the transmission on that bike is going to be replaced with the next chain change anyway.

VamP

Banned
Does anyone use multiple chains and rotate them....?

I do, but the periodization of rotation is slightly random.

Top Bottom