Do you shower before you ride? (After work)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adamangler

Veteran
A weird question really I suppose.

I work in a manual job so when I finish I'm usually a bit wet, mucky and sweaty.

When I get home to go on the bike i always shower then go out then come back and shower again.

My gf thinks thats daft, I should come in go straight on bike then have a shower after.

I agree with her it does seem daft and a waste of time but I just don't like that dirty feeling you know.

A random question I know any of you guys same?

Last edited:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
If you feel better for it, do it.

Reactions: gbb

Bimble

Bimbling along ...
Personally, I'd stick with the shower after work so you're nice and clean for the ride, but not bother with the shower afterwards - you'll sweat on the ride alright but you'll be clean so you won't smell bad on your return. The only thing I'd suggest is getting out of your sweaty cycling gear as soon as you get back. ^_^

If I can add my 2p, I`ve showered before rides before, mainly club/road rides when the decent kit comes out. It is nice to be clean, put on clean kit, and get out on a shiny clean bike....something nice about it.

For all other rides, commutes etc I wouldn`t bother, just a shower or bath afterwards

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
You wouldnt go on a date without showering first so why take your bike out when your dirty and sweaty?

Top Bottom