Do you shower before you ride? (After work)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I shower before and bathe after

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I often shower before a ride, especially if it's going to be a very long ride - purely for comfort reasons, as I find personal hygiene in the shorts department makes a big difference to comfort on long rides. I could probably manage without a full shower and just wipe my bits with a flannel but a shower has the extra benefit of waking me up.

Re: the OP's original question, when I go on cycling trips with friends I am the only 1 of 5 that showers in a morning before we ride. They all insist (quite rightly) that we're about to get sweaty anyway, so there's no point, but I feel more awake and better prepared if I get clean first. So in the situation the OP is in, I'd do the same.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I often shower before a ride, especially if it's going to be a very long ride - purely for comfort reasons, as I find personal hygiene in the shorts department makes a big difference to comfort on long rides. I could probably manage without a full shower and just wipe my bits with a flannel but a shower has the extra benefit of waking me up.
This imo.
The 5 mile commute home at 5mph, after a shift were I could end up covered in all sorts is no problem; a hilly 50 miler on already sweaty intimate bits is a no no for me.
Every cyclist's home should have a bidet!

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Mrs ND has commented why on a weekend I'll get up, shower, put product in my hair and get it just so, then get lycra'd up, put my helmet on and go out on the bike for three hours, then when I get back shower and do my hair again...
:scratch:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
The parts of my bike were chatting to each other .

The bars said I have the worse job on the bike. He keeps pawing me with his sweaty hands .

The saddle replied " You really think so ?"

bondirob

I've got a manual job so it goes like this.
Ride to work, shower at work before starting.
Shower after work then ride home and shower again.

400bhp

Guru
I didn't see that as a negative comment at all, just the truth. It's true that in the West we've been taken in by all the marketing blah about how if we don't wash every five minutes we will utterly stink and be bad people.

Why do you think this is an western phenomenon, because it's not.

Top Bottom