Does anybody else hate where they live??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

speccy1

Or is it just me?!!!

I`m selling up and moving (hopefully) later on this year, but to keep me going for those last few months - anybody else in the same boat??:thumbsup::biggrin:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
My bit of Stevenage is quite nice.
Given that it's in Stevenage, of course...

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I have to say in all honesty that I love manchester. There are plenty of reasons why I shouldnt, but I love the place. I can't think of many places that i'd like to live. Visit yes, spend some time yes, but as parochial as it sounds there's nowhere i'd rather be.

Ask me again in the morning after the commute.

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

dan_bo said:
I have to say in all honesty that I love manchester. There are plenty of reasons why. I shouldnt, but I love the place. I can't think of many places that i'd like to live. Visit yes, spend some time yes, but as parochial as it sounds there's nowhere i'd rather be.

Good on you:biggrin:

If you like where you live that`s great, I envy you!! I`ve moved (4 years ago) from somewhere where everybody helps each other out and where you can leave everything unlocked without worrying about it, to a total craphole where chavs run riot and what isn`t nailed down gets stolen....I love it.....not!!!!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
dan_bo said:
I have to say in all honesty that I love manchester. There are plenty of reasons why I shouldnt, but I love the place. I can't think of many places that i'd like to live. Visit yes, spend some time yes, but as parochial as it sounds there's nowhere i'd rather be.

I drove through Manchester including Failsworth yesterday on my way to an exam board meeting at Manchester University. I was taken aback by the number of great buildings and instantly decided that it would be a great place to live if I ever had to chose anywhere other than Leeds.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I live in Dumbarton, and despite it's slight crapyness, I like it.
That said, I've lived here all my life so don't know any better (please don't kick me).

I have Loch Lomond and the start of the Highlands practically on my doorstep, and yet, I am still less than 20 miles from the centre of Glasgow, so I have the best of both worlds!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I love living close to Oxford... one of the world's great cities.
Plymouths not soi bad (and I'm an Exeter lad).

I lived in Bedfordshire for a while... was very happy to move away to somewhere with culture.

lukesdad

We ve got Agri-culture.:smile:

wafflycat

I love where I am now.

I have, in the past, lived ina place which, for various reasons, made the place a deeply horrible and unhappy place to live, so I empathise with the OP.

Mind you, having had that experience, it made it all the sweeter to then be able to find somewhere that has turned out to be a happy, contented, joyful, peaceful, interesting place to live.

I may be in the middle of nowhere, but the neighbours are great, the garden the right size, I look out over fields, trees, stream.. there's a vast network of country lanes for hassle-free cycling, half an hour in just about any direction and I can choose from glorious coast with miles of sandy beaches, a city, or a forest to walk in, ruined castles to explore, stately homes, museums, reasonably decent shopping..

karan733

I cant stand Northampton. There is simply nothing to do in this town/county. I used to live in Derby, and really loved it there. Ideally, Scotland would be nice, or Canada!

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I like aspects of where I live but don't like people's preconceptions of the place. Everyone thinks it is Footballers, Wags, Stockbrokers and that fat bird of the Iceland adverts. In reality there is the full spectrum of social classes including four council estates and all the normal social problems. It does have an Aston Martin garage though.:thumbsup:

Top Bottom