Does anyone actually bother with gloves?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
You take your fingers off in the warm weather?

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Always, even for a quick pop to the shop.
Fingerless padded mitts in summer. Running gloves underneath for cool spring or autumn days, padded gloves in winter.

I have a lot of problems with my hands and the padding really helps.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
I always wear padded fingerless in warmer weather and full warm gloves in winter. I suffer with numbness in my right hand when cycling , the padded mitts help to some degree.

Torvi

mr poopmechanic
i use to wear these when im commuting off and to work in chiller days

very tight 1 size too small heavy duty gloves, great grip and protection from wind
dVSpBbZ.jpg

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I tripped up in a hotel car park at the weekend and got gravel injuries in my right palm. Clearly I have not learned the correct falling-over-in-the-carpark technique.

Hint - if nipping out to get something from the car in a poorly lit car park - always wear gloves. (knee-pads would be handy too).

Jenkins

Legendary Member
i use to wear these when im commuting off and to work in chiller days

very tight 1 size too small heavy duty gloves, great grip and protection from wind
dVSpBbZ.jpg

Those and the rubber dipped style are popular round here as well. Nothing to do with big packs of them being left lying around for the Felixstowe dockers to use obviously.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've dug bits of road out of my hands before, so wear them all the time now. I never really wore them out training, but had a nasty crash which took a huge patch off my ass, and also loads of stones in my left hand. They are a necessity on the velodrome, one slight slip, burn city.

Top Bottom