Does anyone have a partner . . .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dayvo

Dayvo

just passin' through
Speicher said:
I will defend Davyo. Other people have put all sorts of posts on here seeking empathy, advice, or to express their thoughts, and they have received suitable and thoughtful replies.

buggi's reply was thoughtful, but it wasn't really relevant to my situation. xx(

Thanks Tete and Speicher for some understanding!
I'm not a bad person (;)) I just felt I was being driven into a corner and had few options left. I've tried talking to her, but she is adamant.
It's not as though we're married, live together, or have been together a long time (three months!).
I can see this running on and on, both here and in reality! :smile:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I don't think there's much wrong with Dayvo asking advice here - although after only three months I sort of find it hard to see why he hasn't just said "sorry, you're not my type" and got it over with - that said I've recently had to think seriously about a relationship, and whether it was doing either of us any good, and concluded that it had to end, and it can be hard to do. I was kind of 'lucky' that the chap involved saw the way it was going, and pretty much said "Is it over?" and that allowed me to say "yes" which was easier than just coming out with "I don't want to see you anymore". I wrote him a letter* to explain my feelings: I felt I owed him that.

*Well, I tried and failed to write it, just ended up with cliches. So a friend wrote it and I adapted it to my 'voice'. And the chap understood and was nice enough to tell me so.

Tetedelacourse

Dayvo said:
buggi's reply was thoughtful, but it wasn't really relevant to my situation. xx(

Thanks Tete and Speicher for some understanding!
I'm not a bad person (;)) I just felt I was being driven into a corner and had few options left. I've tried talking to her, but she is adamant.
It's not as though we're married, live together, or have been together a long time (three months!).
I can see this running on and on, both here and in reality! :biggrin:

Only in saunas ha ha!:smile:

OP
OP
Dayvo

Dayvo

just passin' through
Arch said:
I don't think there's much wrong with Dayvo asking advice here

Thanks Arch! I respect your opinions (and integrity); glad you didn't slag me off, a la buggi! xx(
No, of course things should/could have been discussed (between her and me) in a different way - the wonder of hindsight - then I wouldn't have started this bloody thread, which has begun to feel like a millstone around my neck!

Good luck to one and all, with or without partners! But if in doubt, just get on ya bike! ;)

Top Bottom