Does anyone know this cyclist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks like a fairly minor transgression to me , nice to see a driver stop and listen. had a different conversation then taken place, both parties may have been more considerate it future.

bonj2

the issue I have with your identification of the 'clean' bit of road, is that this 'clean' bit is as far out to the right as the road markings allow - so how is it the 'racing line'?
you mean this bit?
road.jpg

OP
OP
M

magnatom

bonj said:
the issue I have with your identification of the 'clean' bit of road, is that this 'clean' bit is as far out to the right as the road markings allow - so how is it the 'racing line'?
you mean this bit?
road.jpg

I can assure you Bonj, thats the dirty bit! Do you know what colour tarmac is!!:blush:

I could always pop out and take a photo if you want.....nah, I'll leave you in your own world.

Does anyone sensible have any comments to make about my, admittedly, long post and pics?

Not me, I'm not sensible enough.

But your pics confirm your video and your explanations. And you did exactly what I do at a near identical roundabout.

And the cardriver is a plank.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Twenty Inch said:
Not me, I'm not sensible enough.

But your pics confirm your video and your explanations. And you did exactly what I do at a near identical roundabout.

And the cardriver is a plank.

You must be sensible, you agree with me :blush::o)

Sorry but this seems a total over-reaction on your part - you don't appear to have checked behind you before overtaking the other cyclist. Clio seems far enough away from you to not put your life in danger. Chasing people down the road, gesticulating and starting an argument could do though.

Chill out people.

stu20001 said:
Sorry but this seems a total over-reaction on your part - you don't appear to have checked behind you before overtaking the other cyclist. Clio seems far enough away from you to not put your life in danger. Chasing people down the road, gesticulating and starting an argument could do though.

Chill out people.

Oh not again....

Cab

I can't believe we're discussing this. You react to where people are on the road and where they're going, Magna had the road space covered, the car didn't have to overtake, he wasn't going so fast and Magna didn't swerve out so abruptly that the motorist was forced to go around him. The motorist chose to pass dangerously close, sounding his horn to make a point of it. So dangerous overtaking, aggressive horn use, I'll bet that the oncoming traffic on the other side of the road got a shock too (so he could easily have caused an accident).

He's a bully, Magna stood up to him. It won't have helped, but it won't make things any worse. Like most bullies, he's also a moron (at least thats the evidence we have from his road behaviour).

OP
OP
M

magnatom

I should probably say that when people say I shouldn't have followed him and asked him to pull over, that they are probably right. It's just when someone does something dangerous to me and then hits their horn accusing me of being in the wrong, that really annoys me. As I say I hate bullies and it clouds my judgment a bit and I want to confront them. However, I never get angry at them, I never swear I just ask, why they did what they did, and if I have to I defend what I did.

I am sure that this chap is a decent chap (in fact I know someone from youtube who has talked to him now and has confirmed this), but at that time he acted as a bully. Having confronted him, I am certain that he will give cyclists more space in the future, as I am sure he won't want some idiot having an on road discussion with him again! If that is the case then that is a result.

Anyway, having posted the aerial pics etc and the routes of the driver and myself, I am curious for those who thought I swung out to look at the details. Do you still think I swung out?

And for the last time, yes the actual incident was fairly minor! But I think we can all agree that posting it has been worthwhile. Not only has it produced some interesting debate, but it has probably helped a few post counts as well :blush:.

Brock

Still looks to me like the driver was probably already in the action of overtaking safely when Mag decided to veer across the road. There was no harm done because the car had plenty of space to avoid Mag's erratic riding, and even gave him a short friendly toot to wake him up, then had the decency to stop and discuss the matter.
Driver doesn't look like a 'boy racer' or a 'bully' to me, sorry. I'm the last person to be an apologist for bad driving, but everyone makes mistakes, and I think riding that particular line is just asking for an accident to happen.
Keep up the videos Mag, it's nice to have concrete (sic) examples of real road situations to discuss.

col

Legendary Member
spindrift said:
Why is it dangerous to assume a driver is not a homicidal maniac who blasts his horn at anyone who dares share the roads with him?

Have an opinion by all means Col, but when you lie about what's been posted and deliberately misepresent what others have said then, yes, you come across as a dishonest, cowardly self-gratification artist. The solution's in your hands, so to speak.

I explained why i changed in what i said,comparing to what you said,but you obviously want to make a big deal out of it,i like to think im anything but dishonest,and the only coward,is the one feeling name calling is the way to go.I could understand ,and even apologise, if iv done something terrible to you,but just with what has been insinuated to me,because i feel a mistake was made,and the way some of you have reacted,is astonishing,to say the least.Please do plonk me,it will save me having to do it to you.:blush:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Brock said:
Still looks to me like the driver was probably already in the action of overtaking safely when Mag decided to veer across the road. There was no harm done because the car had plenty of space to avoid Mag's erratic riding, and even gave him a short friendly toot to wake him up, then had the decency to stop and discuss the matter.
Driver doesn't look like a 'boy racer' or a 'bully' to me, sorry. I'm the last person to be an apologist for bad driving, but everyone makes mistakes, and I think riding that particular line is just asking for an accident to happen.
Keep up the videos Mag, it's nice to have concrete (sic) examples of real road situations to discuss.

I'm soory you still think that. I can't understand how you can say his manouver was fine when he went in the wrong lane on the roundabout with the aim of overtaking. That is bad driving full stop.

Answer just one question, if he did this on his driving test would he fail? If the answer is yes, then this was bad driving.

I've never said he was a boy racer, and bullies all take different shapes and sizes.

Anyway, maybe we just agree to disgree.

col

Legendary Member
spindrift said:
Col is a recidivist cager apologist, who recently tried to imply that my near-death experience with a delivery truck was my fault. I recommend everyone put him on their ignore list.

How do you do this please?

Opinions I can stand, liars pee me off, how can I block this creature's drivel from appearing please?

I made an observation,of how it looked to me.If you knew there was something ahead that was going to make a vehicle pull in on you,why didnt you allow for it,.I wasnt making light of your incident.

Top Bottom