Does anyone know this cyclist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brock

Funnily enough, when I did my cycling proficiency test (I was about 9 or 10) they sent us around the block as the final test, and had people hidden to jump out at us.

Same here! Must've been 1978, wish I still had the badge. :biggrin:

col

Legendary Member
Brock said:
Same here! Must've been 1978, wish I still had the badge. :biggrin:

Cant remember much about mine,but endles cones and zig zagging through them,and right turns all the time.If you did have that badge,i bet it would be a collectors thing now.

col

Legendary Member
Brock said:
There's one going here on ebay, I'd be tempted to bid except that it wouldn't be the one that I earned when I was seven.

I know what you mean,looking at the link,i remember the badge well,again i dont have mine either.But i have my bronze silver and gold medals for swimming when i was only eight,and the certificates too.I dont think they give these sort anymore.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Road Fiddler said:
Sorry guys a little of subject.

Bent in your film above i take it you were on your fixie?

Did you lock the rear wheel and slide it in a nice cool arcing skid around the front of the bus to impress the all the girls before getting the VRN :biggrin:

LMAO!!! I wish, I'm not that good on the bike. I would have done on my skates though. :biggrin:

Brock

Bar mounted disc ones??
I'm sure in the eighties you got these ones didn't you?
I think his claim of '60s' is a bit dubious though. Sure they didn't have cycling proficiency till mid 70s. Have we gone a bit off topic here?
errr...
Magnatom, bloody hell, you nearly crashed into that poor car! etc.

col

Legendary Member
Brock said:
Bar mounted disc ones??
I'm sure in the eighties you got these ones didn't you?
I think his claim of '60s' is a bit dubious though. Sure they didn't have cycling proficiency till mid 70s. Have we gone a bit off topic here?
errr...

Im not sure about the year it started,but i can remember my brother doing some sort of cycling test when we were at Raf Cranwell,i would have been about five at the time,this will have been around 67/68, cos we were getting our sheets of orange reflective cardboard that had string to put your arms in,for winter nights coming home from school,and the tufty club was on the go too i think?

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Brock said:

Car, what car.........**^&^&*^ Oh that car!:biggrin:

This morning was a wonderful ride. It's a bank holiday in Glasgow (although I'm working :biggrin:) On Crow Road going toward the Clyde tunnel I had a wonderful moment, when I could see no cars (or people anywhere). It felt a bit like 28 days later....:biggrin:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Road Fiddler said:
Bloody hell this thread has moved on.

When i first watched Mags video i didn't see much of a problem, as someone else said i thought he was slightly over reacting but i had my new cam on the back of my bike today and was overtaken very close by a car whilst i was over taking a couple of cyclists, he was so close i had to move my bars into the space behind his wing mirror to give the other cyclist room. When i looked back at the footage it looks as if there is sheds of room.

I'd assume that the lenses on the cameras are fairly wide in terms of focal length on these (they are on most fixed focus still cameras, in any case) so they will make gaps appear larger, I think.

(My knowledge is based only on my experience of wide angles (short focal lengths) in still photography, so I could be wrong.)

OP
OP
M

magnatom

I just thought I would let you know that I have removed this video from youtube. Although this guy did act like a bully and hit his horn as he went past, it really wasn't the worst driving I've seen. So as I am sure this guy is probably just a normal Joe and I don't think anyone who commits a minor infringement deserves to be punished for ever (not that I posted it as punishment), and as he was easily recognisable, I decided to remove the video.

However, don't be fooled by this kind gesture. If someone does something like this to me again, I will post the video. You have been warned....xx(

Top Bottom