Does anyone take their bike with them into Tesco?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Now that is bollocks... Waitrose allow Shimano in... But then again we are talking Orpington here.

Waitrose wouldn't let me in at all last night, really fancied a beer but they had very selfishly closed the door for night. What if someone needed an emergency pine nut and avocado saaarnwidge? No community spirit I tells ya.

I don't know why anyone would want to take their bike into the supermarket.
People often wheel their bikes -and ride them:dry:- in Halfords but we are seriously lacking in sensible places to lock your bike outside.
I went into town without my lock the other day, leaned the bike up in the doorway of Thorntons and then took it inside my fave cafe -but I knew they wouldn't mind. I gave the other shops a miss.
Some people have bicycles that cost around £2000. My bike for instance, I take into all supermarkets. Youjust have the confidence and stand up tall while walking in. They won't bother you. Usually, I'm twice the size of the guard. EHE

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Don't buy fireworks. Money smoke waste in up of, and anyway think of the poor terrified animals.

My mate's dog absolutely loves fireworks. She strains at the lead wanting to run amongst them and play (or see 'em off) . This is clearly not fight/flight fear reaction but definitely thinks they're great fun. Perhaps an unusual dog, but still...

Holy thread resurrection Batman.. my 2012 post has received more likes in 2013 than it did at the time !
Indeed :laugh:

but FWIW I've taken my bike into Costas, another local Cafe, the local Chinese Takeaway and Lidl as of late and not been challenged ;)

Last edited:

sheffgirl

I never thought of taking my bike in a shop. Some places I am nervous of leaving it locked outside. I regularly go to Tescos before or after work and lock it to the railings (not the bike racks). Most of the time I don't bother to take my helmet off, I'd only have to carry it anyway. Sometimes I forget I have it on and wonder why other shoppers are looking at me strangely. :laugh:

Herbie

Veteran
I was planning to stop at Tescos to get some fireworks on the way home.

Has anyone ever wheeled their bike in with them whilst shopping? Granted, pushing a trolley whilst trying to control your bike would be tricky, but if you were only going to buy a few items...

Were any objections raised by the staff?

If the isles are wide it would be cool to just cycle round

Top Bottom