Does cycling attract a disproportionate number of grumpy so and so's?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
All these Christmas threads and the grumpy so and so's come out of the woodwork and show their true colours......

"How much for a tree????"

"I'd rather go out for a bike ride on my own on Xmas day than spend it with the relatives"

"I don't want any presents and if someone tries to give me one they can fark right off"

So, is becoming a grumpy so and so just part of getting old? (I do wonder the average age of regular CC posters). Maybe they've all been lurking waiting to explode with indignation at the sight of a November Christmas decoration.

Or maybe, just maybe....cycling attracts disproportionately grumpy participants?

Pls Note: This is a Friday afternoon "cos I'm a bit bored and let's have some banter" sort of thread. Now't too heavy, OK?

"

Last edited:

snorri

Legendary Member
Or maybe, just maybe....cycling attracts disproportionately grumpy participants?
No, grumpiness is rife throughout the population.
I don't usually listen to Jeremy Vine, but today there was a hilarious item from aggrieved residents somewhere in England regarding their local council Christmas tree. Some complained it was too small, but the councillor told us it was a live tree and would grow, prompting someone else to complain that when it had grown it would block the light from the residents of No. 26, on and on it went.:biggrin:

Ciar

Veteran
Love xmas but truth be told if i could get away with dodging xmas dinner and taking the MTB out in the forest, trust me i would ;-)

only to return for xmas pudding covered in cream and a large helping of cheese and wine, bit like the cake i would have at the cafe only nicer!

The only thing that gets me annoyed is dealing with idiots. Hence any posts on here after a few minutes of being online can see me getting grumpy.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Funny you should post this just now (not)! I'm currently trying to dig the bloody xmas decs out of the bloody loft space where they are buried by all the other bloody crap we only use a couple of times a bloody year! And another thing. Why is it always bloody muggins here that has to sort out all this bloody tat? It is the same when it is time to put them away. Everyone chips in to make sure they are taken down quickly, but guess who has to sort the bloody pile of crap out into boxes and hump it up two flights of stairs to the bloody roof space!

Bloody Christmas, bloody humbug, bloody grumpy fecker!

Merry Christmas to you all :snowball:

pawl

Legendary Member
All these Christmas threads and the grumpy so and so's come out of the woodwork and show their true colours......

"I'd rather go out for a bike ride on my own on Xmas day than spend it with the relatives"

"I don't want any presents and if someone tries to give me one they can fark right off"

So, is becoming a grumpy so and so just part of getting old? (I do wonder the average age of regular CC posters). Maybe they've all been lurking waiting to explode with indignation at the sight of a November Christmas decoration.

Pls Note: This is a Friday afternoon "cos I'm a bit bored and let's have some banter" sort of thread. Now't too heavy, OK?

Don't be so ---##~~~ ridiculously

MiK1138

Veteran
Funny you should post this just now (not)! I'm currently trying to dig the bloody xmas decs out of the bloody loft space where they are buried by all the other bloody crap we only use a couple of times a bloody year! And another thing. Why is it always bloody muggins here that has to sort out all this bloody tat? It is the same when it is time to put them away. Everyone chips in to make sure they are taken down quickly, but guess who has to sort the bloody pile of crap out into boxes and hump it up two flights of stairs to the bloody roof space!

Bloody Christmas, bloody humbug, bloody grumpy fecker!

Merry Christmas to you all :snowball:
Pretty sure ours are in the shed under 3 bikes, problem is when i remove the bikes i will dick around with them forget about the xmas deckies and get it in the neck from Mrs Mik, as for spending time with family i would rather be out on my bike coz i've met my family

HA BUMHUG

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Pretty sure ours are in the shed under 3 bikes, problem is when i remove the bikes i will dick around with them forget about the xmas deckies and get it in the neck from Mrs Mik, as for spending time with family i would rather be out on my bike coz i've met my family

HA BUMHUG
They should be under the shed!

pawl

Legendary Member

"

CCrs grumpy thats ___##^*+= rediculous,
D

Top Bottom