Does your partner cycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My good lady is an avid cyclist. As long as it is not too hot or cold, not too windy, not too far, no hills and no possibility of midges. She does not cycle a great deal! However, she ranks as professional class in the far more gruelling sport of lunching with her girl friends!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
My good lady is an avid cyclist. As long as it is not too hot or cold, not too windy, not too far, no hills and no possibility of midges. She does not cycle a great deal! However, she ranks as professional class in the far more gruelling sport of lunching with her girl friends!
You missed out too wet possibly?:whistle:

PK99

Legendary Member
Mrs PK did the London Monsoon Ride last year and is signed up for this year.

Last Satdi, we rode the Pru course from Richmond Park round to Wimbledon Hill, had a pint and a bite at the "Hand" and the did a 25 mile loop round Bushy and Richmond Parks.

101 miles
5100ft climbing
12.0mph rolling.

not too bad for a 57-year-old who only got a road bike (tricross) 2 1/2 years ago!

Mrs M

Guru
Mrs PK did the London Monsoon Ride last year and is signed up for this year.

Last Satdi, we rode the Pru course from Richmond Park round to Wimbledon Hill, had a pint and a bite at the "Hand" and the did a 25 mile loop round Bushy and Richmond Parks.

101 miles
5100ft climbing
12.0mph rolling.

not too bad for a 57-year-old who only got a road bike (tricross) 2 1/2 years ago!
Well done Mrs PK :smile:

mustang1

Guru
Mine doesn't. And she gets agitated if I were to venture out on the bike just for the hexk of riding.

I think in a few weeks when I'm back from abroad, I will agitate her somewhat.

Good thread.

Edit: actually I recall when I bought my first bike, rather cheap. She was most annoyed. Later her friend bought a bike that was 2.5x the price of mine and she said she understands bike prices now. So I retaliated by buying one that was 2x as pricey as her friend's. She was annoyed again so I'm waiting for her friend to pick up the pace.

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Not very often these days, though she commuted for years to the train station before we got a car, and we have taken bikes on holidays in the past, including one memorable weekend in the Welsh borders when she came off and punctured her leg. ("How does it look?"–she. Me–"It's fine, it's nothing… Let's go to A&E, if it's on our way." STAT.)

There's a picture of her bike on the electric bikes board. Here she is now on an earlier model. It is unclear to me if she is hopping on or off, or do-si-doing.

dance.jpg

surfdude

Veteran
Mrs H is an on off cyclist. Sometimes she rides 3 times a week then she may not ride for months at a time. Happy for me to potter about as long as her list of jobs are done.

Renmurew

Veteran
Mr R has absolutely no interest in cycling but is really supportive of me getting into it. I think it makes him less guilty for indulging in his hobbies which are driving fast cars, flying microlights and he's just started flying helicopters :becool:. The cars are a shared passion so something we do together sometimes and i used to go flying with him if it was really clear with no wind, but that's too good a day to miss cycling now. Lol

Don't think I'll ever have an issue looking for an n+1 bike when the day comes given the number of cars we currently have :laugh:

Top Bottom