Dog hair problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
If you don't mind a bit of manual work these are supposed to be awesome

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portable...r-Trimmer-Manual-Reusable-Roller/233928761188

1616071091625.png

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Brush your dog very regularly - every day maybe. Collect the hairs, spin and then weave a carpet. Might take a while for a decent sized carpet but I knew a lady who did the spin thing and knitted herself a "woolly" hat.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Stick a pair of trainers or other rubber soled shoes on and drag your feet on the carpet. Amazing the amount it picks up and at least a bit quicker than rubber gloves!
I dragged my rubber soled shoes along my carpet the other day, that's when i found how many hairs my vacuum hadn't picked up. No way could i drag my shoes over all my carpet! I used a stiff hand brush on the carpet today. It's one meant for sweeping up garden waste. It certainly picked up many hairs, but no way could i spend hours on my hands and knees brushing all my carpet(s)!:stop:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Good god - why? That must be really uncomfortable, and your gas bill's going to be through the roof.
I only have the heating on a medium setting. I'd say about 20 to 30 percent of my heating is supplied by the flat below.;) I'm also about 350 quid in credit with my energy suppliers. If they go bust tomorrow i won't see it again,so might as well use it!:okay:

Brains

Legendary Member
If your house is at 26c then it's not surprising the dog is moulting!
I feel the cold (due to alopecia), but even for me, 26c would be uncomfortably hot.

Get yourself a Galileo thermometer (plenty on ebay)
They simply measure in 2 degree increments,
For normal living you want the globe in the middle (in the picture below, the yellow one) should be in the middle

If all the globes are at the top it's too cold, if all at the bottom, it's too hot.

1616163198586.png

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
If your house is at 26c then it's not surprising the dog is moulting!
I feel the cold (due to alopecia), but even for me, 26c would be uncomfortably hot.

Get yourself a Galileo thermometer (plenty on ebay)
They simply measure in 2 degree increments,
For normal living you want the globe in the middle (in the picture below, the yellow one) should be in the middle

If all the globes are at the top it's too cold, if all at the bottom, it's too hot.

View attachment 579354
I remember we (me and the former Mrs Accy) had one of those about 20 odd years ago.🤔

Top Bottom