Dog in the old life yet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The speed walking record is about 7 mins 48 per mile over 3 miles.
Impressive, but very odd... A bit like doing one-handed weightlifting! :laugh:

I know that we have at least one retired speed-walking athlete on the forum, but can't remember who it is.

I am slightly curious to know how quickly I could cover a mile now without any training. If I can walk one in (say) 14 minutes, then surely with a few bursts of jogging I could get that down to 11-12? I would seize up afterwards though!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Impressive, but very odd... A bit like doing one-handed weightlifting! :laugh:

I know that we have at least one retired speed-walking athlete on the forum, but can't remember who it is.

I am slightly curious to know how quickly I could cover a mile now without any training. If I can walk one in (say) 14 minutes, then surely with a few bursts of jogging I could get that down to 11-12? I would seize up afterwards though!

I think the issue would be shin splints if you tried too much too soon. I haven’t run for a long time. But even in school days I didn’t get under 5 mins for the mile. Not that anyone ever trained for PE as kids

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Has anyone heard anything from drago??? I know the mods removed the post about him leaving, but not heard anything since

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Why would he do that, he wasnt banned from the site was he???
Not banned. Not happy with something or other and jumped ship.

classic33

Leg End Member
Isn't talking about ex posters, who can't answer, against the rules. Or does that apply only to those who kicked off before leaving?

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Pity if he has gone. I suspect i've probably missed something as i was largely inactive during the past few months only making a post here and there. Bit busy you see...

Oh well, People come, People go...

Top Bottom