Dog in the old life yet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Soon as the weather dries up i'll be flying!

So your training is just going out running as fast as you can for two miles ?

You'll never hit your target like this.

Would you care to make a prediction as to what might be achievable this year?
Running like this ? Getting injured in the next month or so and going back to square one.

Sensible running getting the body used to the impact and combined with a weight loss regime - well that's the way to improve.

Look at the elites - they're forever balancing their heavy training regime versus getting injured.

Running a 5 minute mile is pretty elite - more so if you consider the age, history and weight.

Elites train sensibly too. This is more 'bull in a China shop'.

sittingbull

Veteran
I agree with what you've said @cougie uk , hence my curiosity as to what you might consider achievable with the present training "programme".

The maffetone method (previously mentioned on this site) is the exact opposite of the "bull in a china shop approach".

I've read that article now and it's got good stuff in it. Notice the guy lost his excess weight.

It takes for example - the same effort for an 80kg bloke running a 6 minute mile as it would for a 65kg bloke running a 5 minute mile.

Ok the calcs get wonkier as you get faster but you see the gist of it.

Some sensibly base running would be a good start. Drago knows where he is now. There's nothing to prove in trying to run every run fast.

Top Bottom