Doing my first ever Century tomorrow.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
I was gonna mention loo stops (something I forgot to account for), but since there's 3 cafes on the way you seem to have it covered.

Good luck ... let us know how you get on ... :eek:

Noodley

All the best, pace yourself steadily. Do not miss out eating (tiredness can cause you to think "bugger it, I can't be arsed eating") as you will regret it later.

yenrod

>Panter

Take it easy, if your group riding it - it'll be no problem; dont over cook yourself...once you get to 60 it'll be ok !

And by the time its over..you'll wonder what all the problem about it' was for.

Give yourself plenty of congrats for doing it too !

dodgy

Just got back from my solo 103 miler. I decided to go across Cheshire and back into Wales, taking in some landmarks and tea stops to break it up a bit. Nice day for it, a bit grey, but great conditions!

Dave.

yenrod

dodgy said:
Just got back from my solo 103 miler. I decided to go across Cheshire and back into Wales, taking in some landmarks and tea stops to break it up a bit. Nice day for it, a bit grey, but great conditions!

Dave.

Talking of Cheshire, ever been over by Cholmondly Castle/Peckforton Hills - nasty area that.

dodgy

yenrod said:
Talking of Cheshire, ever been over by Cholmondly Castle/Peckforton Hills - nasty area that.

That's weird, that's exactly where I rode through. It's a bit lumpy around there isn't it?

Dave.

yenrod

dodgy said:
That's weird, that's exactly where I rode through. It's a bit lumpy around there isn't it?

Dave.

Dodge - I did a ride thru' that way once..all i recall was going downhill for a long time....

Yep I had to suffer it all the way back...I ended up doing 5 hours rather than say 3hrs.

Its the type of area where you do a 30mph + downhill but a grinding 5-10mph UP.

GNARLY ! :smile:

I at one point seen signs for Wrexham, and I was thinking I was WAY OUT of my way..

Noodley

dodgy said:

Dave.

Well done :smile::becool:

dodgy

Cheers Noodley :tongue:

Yenrod, yep, the Cheshire plains are desceptive, they're known for their 'flatness' yet they can catch you out. I rode to the side of Wrexham on the way back to Eureka (which was closed because I got there too late ;) ).

Even though it wasn't that sunny, I've caught the sun and have a full-on comedy cyclist tan on top of my existing comedy tan. That's what you get for having shirts of varying arm lengths ;)

Dave.

trio25

Über Member
Hope it goes well, I did my first ton in march this year and it is a great feeling when you complete it!

dodgy

Come on Panter, we're all waiting to hear how you got on! Or is your arse to sore to sit on :?:

Dave.

Top Bottom