Doing my first ever Century tomorrow.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Sorry for the late update, I was hoping someone would put the official GPS stats on our club forum but there's nothing there so I'll take it from my computer.

Well, I finished it :thumbsup: My arse, arms and wrists were sore but I was expecting that. The pain set in after an Hour, as expected, but didn't get too much worse throughout the day.
Except for the saddle that is. After 70miles I was keeping an eye on the verges for a broken wine bottle to replace the saddle with as I'm sure it would have been more arse-friendly ;)

The weather was fantastic, not a single cloud in the sky all day :blush:

Admin said:
I was gonna mention loo stops (something I forgot to account for), but since there's 3 cafes on the way you seem to have it covered.

Good luck ... let us know how you get on ... :biggrin:

Actually, I made a mistake. There were only 2 cafe stops, which I only realised at mile 80 :biggrin:
Mind you, even after drinking >4litres of fluid, with the hot weather 2 stops were more than enough :biggrin:

Fnaar said:
I did my first 100miler yesterday... :thumbsup:

well done Sir, its a hell of a way isn't it :thumbsup:

dodgy said:
Just got back from my solo 103 miler. I decided to go across Cheshire and back into Wales, taking in some landmarks and tea stops to break it up a bit. Nice day for it, a bit grey, but great conditions!

Dave.

Fantastic, I really couldn't have done any more than I did, not without a lengthy stop and refuel anyway.
Hats off to you Sir :thumbsup:

The thing that really caught me out was the pace. I expected to get sore but I didn't expect to get so tired for some reason.
We did 101.5 miles in 6Hrs 43 mins which is a fraction over 15mph average (excluding stops.)
although I usually ride a bit quicker than that, doing it for nearly 7 Hours proved very tough for me.
At 95.6miles I bonked, and the sprint back to the car park nearly killed me :ohmy:

Many thanks for all the support everyone, it feels great to have done it, next time I'll take some flapjacks :rofl:

dodgy said:
That's weird, that's exactly where I rode through. It's a bit lumpy around there isn't it?

Dave.

It's surprisingly lumpy but the road in front of the castle is a nice steady flat bit.

Top Bottom