Doing my first ever Century tomorrow.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Good man! Remember the golden rules for long distance cycling :-
Eat lots of stuff. Nice stuff, stuff you like.
Get an early night beforehand.
Enjoy it! ;)

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I'll wish you a lot of luck. I've done 46, 52, 48, 42 this year and some were easier than others. I'm sure with your heavy mileage panter that you're ready for it though.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Kirstie said:
metric or imperial?

Good luck either way, and don't forget to eat and drink. May I recommend some Haribo Tangfastics?

+1. They kept me going on my ride on Monday near the end. I got a few small-ish packs from the cafe i stopped at. really helped at the end.

dodgy

What's so amazing about Haribo Tangfastics? Do they have some mystical property?

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
dodgy said:
What's so amazing about Haribo Tangfastics? Do they have some mystical property?

High in sugar. I think its more down to the mind, you have them and think "yeh i've just had some sweets, i'll be getting more energy now" and you do, just by thinking it more then the sweets giving the energy.
Oh, and they taste nice ;)

dodgy

I'm thinking of doing a 100 miler tomorrow, it will be the first one of this year due to the awful weather!

Dave.

longers

Legendary Member
Hope you both have a good ride :blush:, get some beer in for afterwards ;)

Making sure you have re-hydrated properly and taken on-board some nourishment first.

Good luck to the pair of you. It supposed to be OK'ish here tomorrow, lighter winds, so I'm thinking of doing a 100 miler also. But I'm going cheat. I'll do the club run (about 40 miles I think) in the morning then after lunch another 50 and in the evening another 17 to my parents.

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Thanks for all the encouragement and advice peeps, much appreciated :thumbsup:

Sorry, I should've mentioned that this is a special club ride, with 3 cafe stops so I should only need a couple of emergency flapjacks.

Its also going to be at a very leisurely pace but even so it'll be a real challenge for me, I haven't even been on the road bike for nearly 3 weeks :eek:
It is 100miles BTW, not KM.

I feel weary after just lubing the chain and giving the bike a clean :biggrin:

Good luck to all you other ton riders :biggrin:

Maz

Guru
Panter said:
After an hour, my arse, feet, wrists and neck always ache so wish me luck.........................:eek:
Best do your ton in under an hour, then. Hang on, that's a bit fast, actually.:biggrin:

Good luck, Panter. I know I couldn't ride that far...

Top Bottom