Donald Trump is virtually skint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MntnMan62

Über Member
Either knowing or unknowing that the usual ones would turn it into a hate thread. No way was his wealth going to be discussed in civilised manner. We've already had at least one post hoping he dies! Donald Trump seems to be the world's whipping boy at the moment. Never before has a US President been targeted by so many. Which goes to prove that he's hated by the political establishment for daring to show them up for what they are!

You need to give us a little more credit than that. He isn't hated for showing the political estblishment what they are. He's hated because he is in a position of power and authority and since day one has shown that he cares very little for the people he's supposed to represent. He repeatedly shows that the only thing he cares about is himself. In addition, I might point out that I don't hate ALL of his policy positions. I actually felt that there should be some beefing up of oversight of illegal immigration. But what I find vile is his ridiculous execution, or lack of execution more specifically. The same can be said for pretty much every thing he's done. And his tax plan was a blatant attempt to punish those who did not vote for him. He actually raised taxes for the middle class in largely blue states like California, New Jersey and New York. Mine went up. His elimination of the state tax deduction was pure retribution. His defense for doing it was that it wasn't his fault and that the high taxes in those states is due to state governments. Hogwash. He also attempted to defend it by saying those blue states were getting too much federal tax money. Also not true. The states he hurt the most receive far less in federal aid than they pay to the federal government in taxes while the states that benefited from his tax plan for the most part receive far more in federal aid than they pay in federal taxes. This is fact. And take a look at his wall. All he did was add 47 miles of new border security. The rest of the 452 miles was replacement of existing border security. Oh, and the border is over 1,900 miles long. Yeah, sure. He "completed" the wall. He gets a giant F for that one. Lastly, look at his foreign trade agenda. I don't necessarily disagree that something needed to be done about China's domination of manufacturing and how the Chinese state subsidizes that industry. But his approach was juvenile and ridiculously flawed. I don't give him points for trying. Tariffs have never solved trade imbalances and that is common knowledge. His new trade deal with Mexico and Canada? All he did was change slightly some of the threshold rates. Otherwise it is no different than the prior NAFTA deal. The bottom line is that trying to suggest that people are angry with his attempt to show the "establishment" what they are is also turning a blind eye to who and what this guy is all about and his failure at executing even his own flawed agenda.

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Let's not overlook that his 4 years in charge have been America's most non confrontational in that country's history. Clinton, Obama,Bush....all loved playing the tough guy. Bush and that other war criminal Blair are monsters in my book!

Rocky

Hello decadence
Accy - you are a decent working class person. You ran your own business. You paid your taxes. You weren’t born with a silver spoon in your mouth. You respect women and you respect the law. You volunteer at the local graveyard. You are the total opposite of Trump in every respect.

D

Deleted member 26715

Not much, but like most threads this one's wondered a bit off topic, as Accy seems to be about the only poster defending Trump I was genuinely interested in whether he would vote for him.
Where apart from his last post, which I presume was sarcasm, he's not defending Trump he's against this type of thread which has no place in Cafe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom