Done some bike fit fiddling.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Spent some time today making tiny alterations to my bike.altered seat angle a tiny bit and moved it forward a mm or two. Fiddled with seat height and bar angle by tiny amounts. Result is a hugely more comfortable fit.Just did about 25 miles and felt like a new bike.

Stupid thing is I knew the bike wasnt quite right but was frightened to tinker as I have done some big rides in recent months and didnt want to find out it wasnt right halfway round a long ride.

Wish I had just done it earlier now :-) May take one spacer out tommorow,can easilly put it back if needed.

Twiddling does give a great sense of satisfaction when it pays off
Well done mate

Crimmey

Ive spent 3 years constantly messing with bike fit until recently. Its deffo worth getting it right. My setup is so extreme i doubt a fitter would have me anywhere near my current settings. I never pedal squares anymore even when legs feel crap, legs don't tire as quickly, cramp has more or less gone and have no pains or niggles so long rides are a pleasure. I transferred my measurements to a hire bike a couple of weeks ago and the benefits were still there. My tt bike uses similar measurements too. Im so tempted to pay for one of these fancy bike fits just to see how close they would get to my setup.

Top Bottom