Don't always blame the motorist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Even if you are entirely correct (which I don't see), and they were preventing you overtaking safely by riding side by side, any ensuing collision following an ill-judged over take by the motorist would still be the motorist's fault. It's the person who is overtaking duty to do so only when it is safe.

screenman

Legendary Member
But what benefit does singling out confer? If there is room to overtake safely, on the other side of the road, there is room to overtake. If there isn't room, singling out invites a dangerous overtake.

Singling out creates more space for everyone.

Jimidh

Veteran
Well, like I said at the beginning of this thread, some people here seem to think that cyclists are angels and always right . Luckily, as a cyclist, a motorist and ex driving instructor I can see both sides and make an impartial judgment based on facts . As for my speed, I was following them for a while until I could overtake safely as they never attempted to move over.

I see what you are saying and you are right. I know plenty narrow roads where aa s common courtesy I and other riders would quickly go into single file to make it easier for a vehicle to pass and everyone is happy.

Unfortunately any form of even mild criticism of a cyclist is frowned upon by many.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
You forgot to say "driving without an accident for 40 years".
It is actually since 1969, so that is 47 years, not bad hey? :okay:

doog

I was coming home from Giggleswick to the A59 earlier this afternoon, in my car, the road is twisty and just wide enough for two cars to pass each other. I was behind two cyclists who looked like husband and wife, judging by their jerseys. They did exactly what cyclists should not do, that is say, carrying on riding two a breast. I eventually overtook them quickly but was not impressed by their cycling ethos. :ohmy:
Two motor bikes were behind me and one of them signalled the cyclists to go on a single line. On this forum, we tend to be quick to criticise motorists but cyclists are no angels either and can do some pretty dangerous riding when two or more. :angry:

Hi

Your'e on a hiding to nothing mate....best wishes but the illuminati on this forum will gobble you up and spit you out the other side..

Indeed all the major players are lining up to have a little pop at you...best of luck pal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom