Don't ride in groups or we will be stopped cycling completely.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Perhaps he was concerned at their distance from him.

I've barely been out, but oncoming cyclists passing at under two metres presents a low enough risk as to not worry about.

Might be a bit unfortunate if the other rider coughed as he passed.
I certainly wouldn't go near any other riders, hell, the last time I was out I rode on the wrong side of the road when going past a pedestrian.
A couple of years ago I was gobbed on by a rider who didn't do a shoulder check before parting ways with his phlegm, just as I was coming past.
Thoroughly unpleasant, I was raging, but it was unintended.

If that happened now I'd have no option but to do a violence. Possibly with the use of a bicycle frame as an offensive weapon with superior range as well as defensive capabilities. As the police dragged me away I'd probably shout a one-liner from an 80s action movie.

alicat

Legendary Member
My son works for a Retail chain that hasn't closed, they have changed the store to click & collect only but they are still serving, although they are doing what they can not to get close to customers, for the past few days he's been out in the carpark advising people from a distance what the new procedure is, that you just can't turn up & browse or currently return anything. However he is still mixing with other members of the staff, what if say a group of 4 of them went out on a ride together, or had a social drink at one of their houses? Not that they would nor do they intend to, that I know of.

I like the sound of that chain of shops; could you tell us/give us a hint, @Phaeton? Thanks

D

Deleted member 26715

I like the sound of that chain of shops; could you tell us/give us a hint, @Phaeton? Thanks
It's Screwfix, they were a little slow to get things into place, but they now seem to got most of it covered, they're actually doing a roaring trade, B&Q, Wickes etc. have all closed down I think so they are the logical option.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I've been impressed by the few times I've used Screwfix.

It's one thing to list a wide range of products on a website, but they seem to have stock of all of theirs, certainly the ones I wanted.

D

Deleted member 26715

^^^^ Thanks, that's handy to know if I decide to embark on a project. 😊
I've been impressed by the few times I've used Screwfix.

It's one thing to list a wide range of products on a website, but they seem to have stock of all of theirs, certainly the ones I wanted.
He says they have shrunk their offering, to try to concentrate on items that are really needed, all plumbing, electrics etc. anything that could be used by trades in an emergency situation are being kept, but some of the more 'luxury' goods are being dropped.

Yippee ki-yay cyclist f*cker!
Ho ho ho! Now I have a bicycle (which can be used as a weapon with superior range and defensively as a shield)
If it bleeds (when we strike it repeatedly with a bicycle) we can kill it.
Come with me if you want to live (behind this bicycle frame which can be used as a shield)
Get your ass to Mars (where, due to the lower surface gravity you can redirect the angle of your bicycle more quickly to get around your opponent's parry)

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Ho ho ho! Now I have a bicycle (which can be used as a weapon with superior range and defensively as a shield)
If it bleeds (when we strike it repeatedly with a bicycle) we can kill it.
Come with me if you want to live (behind this bicycle frame which can be used as a shield)
Get your ass to Mars (where, due to the lower surface gravity you can redirect the angle of your bicycle more quickly to get around your opponent's parry)

Very witty, although I only get a couple of the references.

I'm quite partial to an action film, but most of it is in one ear and out of the other.

Quite handy in that I can enjoy a repeat having largely forgotten what happened when I saw it the last time.

Mike_P

Guru
Are Tool Station open as well? Have both literally across a road, and down back accesses, from each other so use whichever is the cheapest.

D

Deleted member 26715

Are Tool Station open as well? Have both literally across a road, and down back accesses, from each other so use whichever is the cheapest.
No idea, but it's interesting that wherever one of them is, there's usually the other not far away & often on the same complex, I wonder who is following who.

Top Bottom