Don't ride in groups or we will be stopped cycling completely.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

The founders of Screwfix pocketed the cash and started Toolstation.
:laugh:

vickster

Legendary Member
IIRC Screwfix were the original. They were bought for big money, but the buyer omitted to isert a no competition clause in the deal.

The founders of Screwfix pocketed the cash and started Toolstation.
I think Toolstation might now be part of Travis Perkins (as is Wickes)

avecReynolds531

Veteran

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
(as is Wickes)

Which reminds me of one of my court anecdotes for which you need to know that in the north east 'wick' is a term for a poor person of dubious moral fibre.

When asked about his client, one of the barristers said: "He's one of the few people I know who has his name written on his kitchen."

dodgy

You were disapproving of someone saying hello to you, in passing, from the other side of the street? Seriously?

I was expressing disapproval at people still riding socially with people they don't live with. I know their faces, they go to Eureka often.

alicat

Legendary Member
You were disapproving of someone saying hello to you, in passing, from the other side of the street? Seriously?

I read it that Dodgy was disapproving of two people out cycling together who didn't appear to be in the same household. I do much the same when I am scared and wanting safety, which is more likely to happen if everyone follows the rules.

Reactions: C R

dodgy

To be fair, my original post was abstruse. I'll try to do better. :laugh:

To be absolutely clear, I almost always greet other riders, but right now there'll be no pleasantries if I strongly suspect people are out on social rides with people they don't live with. Sometimes you don't know if they do, so they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Top Bottom