Don't ride in groups or we will be stopped cycling completely.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Yippee ki-yay cyclist f*cker!

Cycle Hard with a Vengeance

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Ho ho ho! Now I have a bicycle (which can be used as a weapon with superior range and defensively as a shield)
If it bleeds (when we strike it repeatedly with a bicycle) we can kill it.
Come with me if you want to live (behind this bicycle frame which can be used as a shield)
Get your ass to Mars (where, due to the lower surface gravity you can redirect the angle of your bicycle more quickly to get around your opponent's parry)
D'ya feel lucky? Well do ya? (Because I've got a link to a competition where you could win £500 worth of Rapha kit*)

(* = one sock)

Last edited:

wormo

Guru
What distance do people think is reasonable, 30-40 miles over 2hrs or half this. Going to get first chance to get out after the restrictions came in.

Cheers

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Just had a “discussion” on Twitter with someone who drives less than a mile to the nearest food shop. So for them even 15 mins would probably be too much.

I do that - fitting a week's provisions for a family of five into panniers being a little beyond me. Not sure why that is reprehensible?

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
There's always the turbo (if you had one before they all sold out). Not much fun but OMG they get you fit, because it's relentless.

classic33

Leg End Member
I certainly wouldn't go near any other riders, hell, the last time I was out I rode on the wrong side of the road when going past a pedestrian.
A couple of years ago I was gobbed on by a rider who didn't do a shoulder check before parting ways with his phlegm, just as I was coming past.
Thoroughly unpleasant, I was raging, but it was unintended.

If that happened now I'd have no option but to do a violence. Possibly with the use of a bicycle frame as an offensive weapon with superior range as well as defensive capabilities. As the police dragged me away I'd probably shout a one-liner from an 80s action movie.
Couldn't you just shove your pump down his throat.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
What distance do people think is reasonable, 30-40 miles over 2hrs or half this. Going to get first chance to get out after the restrictions came in.

Cheers

This is where it all goes wrong as everyone has their own opinion. Everyone else thinks they are right and others are wrong. Do what seems reasonable to you. Don’t post it online anywhere. Practise social and physical distancing. Take everything you need to fix minor mechanicals.

PK99

Legendary Member
Aren’t Screwfix owned by Kingfisher who own B&Q ?
No idea, but it's interesting that wherever one of them is, there's usually the other not far away & often on the same complex, I wonder who is following who.

IIRC Screwfix were the original. They were bought for big money, but the buyer omitted to isert a no competition clause in the deal.

The founders of Screwfix pocketed the cash and started Toolstation.

MarkF

Guru
Whatever you'd usually do without stops IMO. I think up to 50 miles and 4h is defensible. We need a fighting fit population.

I agree, cycling out on you own in the open is not the same as walking in the nearest currently well used park/woods.

My ride to Leeds market (for food) and back takes about 3 hours, Saturday was spoilt by several near misses from new cyclists on their bleedin phones.

Top Bottom