Dont use blue lights, you aint a copper!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
Jeese is this thread still going!!! How thick are people to still be arguing that using blue lights if you are not a police officer or part of the emergency services is acceptable or permitted by law. It isn't period :smile:. Move on and get over it. Get some decent red and white lights instead.

joebingo

Über Member
I've got a Cateye LD1100, and since using it, I've had zero close overtakes in the dark and people stay behind me until it's safe to overtake me.

This is, of course, coupled with my use of a strong secondary, and primary positions.

Using other couloured lights is pointless, confusing and illegal. Don't do it.

thomas

the tank engine
GrasB said:
Thing is most people who don't give a s**t (the ones that you're trying to change the behaviour of) once they realise you're a cyclist act like they always do anyway & all you're doing is confusing the more considerate motorists. Basically people are trying to use lights as a substitute for proper &/or more defensive road positioning.

If you had a blue light, the ones who don't give a shoot might confuse them for a copper and then care. But yeah, good road positions (and normal lights) seems to stop most nutters.

anyway.,....like crankarm said. Let's get some new topics and stop waffling on about blue lights ;) (damn you downfader :sad:)

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
thomas said:
Make some sexist jokes? Maybe we could just flame each other? ;)

Dirty boy! :sad:

Have you heard the one about the octopus and the 8 prostitutes...?:smile:

...sadly I havent as me uncle passed out before the punchline (p***ed one christmas):sad:

Top Bottom