Don't wave at me then (Twice)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I know it is not mandatory to wave back at a fellow cyclist, but today I waved at a guy coming downhill moderately fast and not surprisingly he did not wave. However, on the return loop, I met the same rider now on the flat and I waved again, and no return wave. Boo hoo.

I know I should not care, but when you are in the middle of nowhere and you see another road cyclist, you kind of want to share the moment.

I will carry on waving, and look the fool

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Oooh been a while :thumbsup:

kerching.jpg

KneesUp

Guru
As something that was once a minority pursuit becomes mainstream these things die out. Motorists used to wave to each other until there became too many. More recently, Alfa Romeo drivers used to wave at each other - that stopped when the 156 and 147 sold well and meeting another became more common.

Ergo cycling is becoming more popular.

Alfa Romeo drivers used to wave at each other
The 'Alfa wave' still exists. Might not be as much with the newer models, especially Mito/Guilietta, maybe it reflects the newer generation of owners. I went for a run over Humber Bridge end of last year, when I got back to the car park there was another red Spider parked next to mine, had a chat to the owner for a bit, but his diesel Alfa Spider was still wrong.

Is that just in order to beat 7 pages of people comparing the size of their tellies over in café? :wacko:
42"

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I find is generally too dark at the moment to see if an approaching cyclist is waving, so I'm acknowledging them in other ways, normally it's along the lines of

"Cover your ducking light up, I can't see a bloody thing!!!" :cursing:

Top Bottom