Don't you get fed up with negative comments at work sometimes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Titan yer tummy

No meatings b4 dinner!
It can work both ways you know. I have already bored you to death with my recent hernia operation which has kept be off the bike. Last week I got a tummy ache and thinking the op might be the problem went to casualty and was a admitted back into hosp.

When the. Consultant came to see me she said that she was sure everything was alright and it was just a bit of gastro enteritis or constipation and I should go home. I then told her I was a cyclist and asked her when I would be OK to get back on the bike. " Ah!" Says she "this could be part of the problem. Your body could be reacting to NOT DOING ENOUGH CYCLING; the movement is good for the tummy to keep everything working properly. Go home and get on yer bike."

Yee haa!!

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I'm usually lucky in that the only comments I get are about being 'mad cycling in this weather'.

I have been known to email certain people relevant sections of the highway code "for their information" when people have stated rubbish before now though :whistle:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I have never had a single negative comment about cycling (the odd grumble about the stupid actions of a cyclist), but there are too many who cycle to make cyclists an out group.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
We used to have someone who ranted about the usual, no tax, no insurance, jumping red lights etc

Until I showed this video of their driving... awfully quiet since!

Hah!

To the OP, read this: http://www.ctc.org.uk/desktopdefault.aspx?tabid=4071 It provides you with the legal knowledge you need.

Also for future reference - no they do not cause epilepsy in otherwise healthy people, or trigger an attack when flashing on someone who does suffer from the condition. There are people who suffer from a form of photo-epilepsy (iirc) and these represent about 4% of all epileptics. Typically they're not allowed to drive. That's if memory serves correctly. I know how idiots like to use that little myth now and again.

The British Epilepsy Association details one (only one) incident where a rear light has triggered a fit. This was whilst installing and the consensus is that the close proximity was the reason.

bicyclos

Part time Anorak
The person in question is probably a frigid and frustrated person:laugh:

Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't....What if you had no light's at all or a very dim on? I get called druggy cyclist at work as I take a number of suppliments through the day at break and lunch time. They love it when a cyclist tests positive as I get some stick. I do tell them to Google drugs in football and sport to shut their mouth's because it does not come up smelling of roses....

Regards

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
To be honest, I wouldn't bother even with having a conversation with this women, she's sounds borderline retarded.

Maybe she doesn't like motorists being able to see you because it stops her from getting work...

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
The person in question is probably a frigid and frustrated person:laugh:

Dammed if you do, dammed if you don't....What if you had no light's at all or a very dim on? I get called druggy cyclist at work as I take a number of suppliments through the day at break and lunch time. They love it when a cyclist tests positive as I get some stick. I do tell them to Google drugs in football and sport to shut their mouth's because it does not come up smelling of roses....

Regards

Nothing like a coked up Premiership footballer getting arrested for some horrible sex offence. How many times has that happened now? 6..?

I've told the story before on here.. one of the guys at work liked to take the piss. We're all getting dressed after work in the changing room, I'm just putting my arms under the bibshort straps and I get the "fat wrestler" remark. He poo'd his pants when I ran at him and like I was to wrestle him.

Bicycle

I never have my front light/lights on 'flash' mode, simply because when I'm driving I find them slightly distracting (not in a helpful way).

I often put one rear light on 'flash' because as a motorist I find that helpful in spotting cyclists in a long stream of tail lights.

But I have absolutely no problemm with people using 'flash' at the front. Many, many things are distracting to all road users and flashing front lights on a bicycle hardly register in the sum of all distractions.

Unless you had a massive battery of flashing lights, this matron might want to ask herself why she mistook you for an approaching ambulance. Even a bicycle with what the rider thinks is a really cool array of off-road eye-burners tilted up to eye level looks and behaves nothing like a motor vehicle. She sounds slightly silly to me, which isn't a crime. Slightly hectoring too, which is unhelpul but not a hanging offence.

In her defence, she does seem to be aware of the presence of other road users. Silly but observant.

I'd let it go.

marafi

Rolling down the hills with the bike.
We have loads of cyclists in Univeristy. Wish someone did a society im tempted too. Im a part timer at work so it is only me. Any negatives comments i just say 'Try cycling and you will see alot of improvement in your life. ' Sometimes it works and others sadly not.
Or make an equally idiotic comment about her car. Such as
'The paint on your car is rather dark, I have trouble seeing it. You should think about putting some hi-viz on it'

Though Gaz, that is not very good to use that kind of phase. Because it will make them realize they are not listening to you. Though, i have done that with my lecturers works like a charm.

Top Bottom