Doping git thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hoopdriver

Guru
Latest update - Ricco intends to make a comeback aged 40 at the end of his lengthy blood doping ban. He thinks 'chemical doping' is much better than 'mechanical doping' .... :wacko:
It’s lovely to know he sets boundaries. I wonder if he ever considered the astonishing and novel concept of honesty and fair play - no doping at all, either mechanical or chemical - and the reputation of the sport of cycling which he professes to love?

U

User169

I read that article and I think I now know the identity of blazed.

I’d love to see a team sponsored by dog ice cream though. That’s a rep kit I’d wear.

Ice cream for Froome Dogs?

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
LottoNL-Jumbo kicks out three riders caught using sleeping pills on a training camp...

http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/r...definitely-possessing-sleep-medication-363223

The piece says the product used has not been identified but according to Daniel Friebe on the Cycling Podcast, it's Stilnox, which is the same stuff Cofidis riders were snorting for fun back in the day.

Antwan "I don't do interviews" Tolhoek is clearly a prize dick.

Apparently, Lobato has been sacked from the team. The other two have been 'expelled indefinitely' which suggests they will probably be allowed back in when the team feel they've learned their lesson. Worth noting that Stilnox is not a controlled/banned substance so there is no reason for the UCI to get involved, but it's good to see a team taking action against its own riders for breaking internal team rules - and adopting a very firm (and public) stance on riders taking substances not approved by the team as a general principle.

Last edited:

The CC doping git identifiers are well ahead of the UCI, this from March 2011 Paris-Nice Spoilers thread:

Over here we've waited five years for Di Gregorio to do something, he switches to Astana and is taken under Vino's wing and suddenly wins a stage of a prestigious race. Hmmmm.......
My thoughts exactly raindog! Leaves the squeaky clean FdeJ and goes to Team Evil ... he wins. Large Hmmmmm...

Top Bottom