Doping git thread

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by rich p, 10 Sep 2014.

1. DP

DP Chasse patate

More in the Dutch press today, saying that the Vacansoleil systematically used TUEs to give its riders cortisone...

https://www.ad.nl/giro/een-uitslag-rijden-zonder-cortisonen-dat-bestond-niet~a49b154b/

The headline quote 'Een uitslag rijden zonder cortisonen, dat bestond niet' roughly translates as "A result without cortisone doesn't exist".

One of the authors of the piece, Thijs Zonneveld, is a pretty well known bike journalist (he ghosted Thomas Dekker's biog), so I don't expect that it's complete bollocks.

Last edited: 2 May 2018
    mjr likes this.
  2. mjr

mjr Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

I may be wrong (my Dutch is weak so it's not an easy read and AD's website is pretty nasty) but the closest quote in the article body seems to be "Je was een hele knaap als je een uitslag zonder cortison kon rijden. Naar mijn idee bestond dat niet." = "You were a great guy if you could produce a result without cortisone. To my mind, that doesn't happen." Is that as ambiguous about whether it applies to only him or everyone as I think it is?

3. OP
    OP
    rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

I may have put this in the wrong section....:whistle:

but the evergreen Chris Horner is making a comeback in the US Nationals at the ripe old age of 46.

4. ColinJ

ColinJ A big clot!

:rofl:

He is able to do it because the USA has no decent riders below that age ... :whistle:

rich p likes this.
  5. Bollo

Bollo Failed Tech Bro

6. smutchin

smutchin Cat 6 Racer

7. I'm gonna guess that a lot of other riders, not as high profile possibly, still just get a wee "heads up" letter...

8. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

9. DP

DP Chasse patate

Lochte you d(iv)

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/jul/23/ryan-lochte-doping-rule-ban-14-months-swimming

10. ColinJ

ColinJ A big clot!

11. smutchin

smutchin Cat 6 Racer

What a moron!

12. Beebo

Beebo Firm and Fruity

This is the same guy who faked an armed robbery in Rio, when it actually transpired that he has been beaten up for urinating on a petrol station.

ColinJ and smutchin like this.
  13. Crackle

Crackle Pah

Every now and again sport gifts us such people to oggle at in wonder.

Anyway, wrong thread alert!

14. DP

DP Chasse patate

15. OP
    OP
    rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice