Doping git thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I wonder if Sky had any inkling. They dumped somebody else who later tested +ve. Possoni?

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
A general question really, but what is the most "obvious" example of doping ? By this I mean, who has been mediocre (not that any professional cyclist is mediocre, but you know what I mean) for all of their career and then suddenly sprouts wings and flies like a bird, climbs like a goat, rides like the wind ... - it has to be someone subsequently found to be doping, not just a suspect, not matter how suspect they may be :smile:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Michael Rasmussen springs to mind - kicked out of the Tour and fired by his team while wearing the yellow jersey, though not for failing a test, rather for lying about his whereabouts, though he did later admit to doping.

I also remember a few years ago Danilo "Killer" Diluca and Mauro Santambrogio tearing up the first week of the Giro while riding for the makeweight Vini Fantini team. It was a great surprise to everyone when they were busted. Not.

Bjarne "Mr 60%" Riis is another classic example of a fairly ordinary rider who miraculously became a Grand Tour champion.

A general question really, but what is the most "obvious" example of doping ? By this I mean, who has been mediocre (not that any professional cyclist is mediocre, but you know what I mean) for all of their career and then suddenly sprouts wings and flies like a bird, climbs like a goat, rides like the wind ... - it has to be someone subsequently found to be doping, not just a suspect, not matter how suspect they may be :smile:
Armstrong

Top Bottom