Doping git thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
He's not trying to sell a book is he ?
Why would you think tha.... Oh wait "Wiggins made his comments in his book Icons"

What's the poster blurb going to be? "An ideal christmas present for cyclists who like their asthma meds injected in their bum"? Seems like niche marketing. Or should that be crack?

I watched Stop at Nothing on Netflix the other night, I'm not intending to re-hash the whole Lance Legweak story again, but the psychology of the people who were taken in by the lie (in their millions) is what interests me now. Are we all so scared of telling the emperor hes not wearing any clothes, are we all far too willing to believe in Santa Claus, fairies at the bottom of the garden and cyclists who can climb like there's a rocket up their jacksie whilst talking to their team on the radio, or was he that good a snake oil salesman we were swept along by his bullshit? Comments welcomed.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
I watched Stop at Nothing on Netflix the other night, I'm not intending to re-hash the whole Lance Legweak story again, but the psychology of the people who were taken in by the lie (in their millions) is what interests me now. Are we all so scared of telling the emperor hes not wearing any clothes, are we all far too willing to believe in Santa Claus, fairies at the bottom of the garden and cyclists who can climb like there's a rocket up their jacksie whilst talking to their team on the radio, or was he that good a snake oil salesman we were swept along by his bullshit? Comments welcomed.

It was hard to tell him from any different from any other top level sportsman at the time, it was the era of unfettered doping with just a cursory attempt at catching the stars which earn the organisers a living ... so no change really

Also it's a movie ....

Reactions: mjr
It was hard to tell him from any different from any other top level sportsman at the time, it was the era of unfettered doping with just a cursory attempt at catching the stars which earn the organisers a living ... so no change really

Also it's a movie ....
It was very easy to identify what he was doing, as many posters here did. But it fell on deaf ears.

Milzy

Guru
The old contaminated meat excuse!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/46768802
You do wonder why a 90 year old would bother doping.
To win is why he bothered. It doesn’t matter how old you are, you’ll always cheat yourself & your fans.

Milzy

Guru
Hopefully he can redeem himself somehow like David Millar, but nobody else has every truly repented like him.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
The old contaminated meat excuse!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/46768802
You do wonder why a 90 year old would bother doping.

An inspiration to us all! You're never too old to start doping...

More seriously, anyone who is still competing at this age is bound to be a lot more driven than the average ageing cyclist. We're told we should find people like this admirable but there's just as likely to be something a little wrong with them...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
An inspiration to us all! You're never too old to start doping...

More seriously, anyone who is still competing at this age is bound to be a lot more driven than the average ageing cyclist. We're told we should find people like this admirable but there's just as likely to be something a little wrong with them...
Indeed... :whistle:

PS It's nice to see you back on CycleChat!

Top Bottom