Doping git thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Darrell Impey wins the TDU...:whistle:

Adam4868

Guru
As good as ever...:whistle:
I didn't see it either much but I had a family interest in that my nephew was the SD of the UniSA Australia team and their Jason Lea won the overall KOM.
Too much watching a race in scorching heat whilst sat here in my thermals !

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Preidler and Denifl get short shrift from Ten Dam and Pinot.
The right response and not the usual mealy mouthed platitudes of the old days.

"I have not thought of anything else for three days. Anger, but also distrust, I've struggle for focus during my training rides," wrote Ten Dam. "I have been in a team with several doping sinners, but why does this really catch me at the throat? An explanation: I am furious at Preidler.

“As a road captain during the Giro d'Italia in 2017, I had to have several 'firm' conversations with him. He wanted to go home because his girlfriend had a bloody nose. He ruined the atmosphere in the team while we were busy with something beautiful and unique: the Giro win."

Ten Dam is not the only teammate of Preidler to express his anger at the situation with Groupama-FDJ’s Thibaut Pinot calling it "high-treason" in an emotional interview with L'Equipe.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I think I'd missed https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/47460488 among other recent news.
More names expected too but not sure how high profile in cycling.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi and hope you're all well.
This may be a little controversial of a subject, and i respect all differing opinions to mine that may be given, but I've just been listening to a 2 hour pod cast where Armstrong was being interviewed.
He talked candidly about his dark days of doping and all the lying and denying, and then his admission to it and the repercussions that followed. It was fascinating to listen to, and the how it affected him and his family. As much as im against his dirty tricks he pulled off i couldn't help but feel some respect towards him for now being so frank and open about what he did. He came across as deeply regretful, but at the same time, was not afraid to talk about it in an open way. If your remotely interested in this its on YouTube titled "Joe Regan experience #737 lance Armstrong "
All the best
Johnny:cheers:

Slick

Guru
Proof, if proof were needed that it's so endemic in the sport they don't even realise they are cheating.

argued, successfully, he had ingested the substance inadvertently while taking a supplement to ease cramp.:eek:

Top Bottom