Doping git thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Landis went from mid-table à la Zubeldia to winning GCs between the 2005&6 seasons, then his final Tour de France yoyo was pretty epic. Blood doping hadn't been enough so he resorted to testosterone use IIRC. He returned in 2010 to find his true level, taking 2nd on GC at Tour of the Battenkill (a US pro-am 100km) and 4th at Tour of Southland (then a NZ national series race).

I wonder if Sky had any inkling. They dumped somebody else who later tested +ve. Possoni?

Possibly. Although He has been gone from Sky for almost 3 years.

Richard Moore on the cycling podcast suggested that as KS was out of contract at the end of the season and likely to retire he had nothing to lose

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The irony of the doping Landis stating that cycling won't change till the management changes...
...as he prepares to start a team.
I'm not sure why CyclingNews/Weakly keep giving him the oxygen of publicity.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/floyd-landis-cycling-is-no-cleaner-today/

This bit made me snigger
I understand why he views it the way he does. I hope he finds some peace and can move on. (LA)
Physician, heal thyself.

mjr

The irony of the doping Landis stating that cycling won't change till the management changes...
...as he prepares to start a team.
I'm not sure why CyclingNews/Weakly keep giving him the oxygen of publicity.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/floyd-landis-cycling-is-no-cleaner-today/

This bit made me snigger
I understand why he views it the way he does. I hope he finds some peace and can move on. (LA)
Physician, heal thyself.
He's trying to, isn't he? And an ex- doper who seems to loathe his past actions and the management pressure to dope is a change in type of management.

That said, I've less confidence that that poacher's really turned into a gamekeeper than previous ones like Millar.

mjr

Top Bottom