Doping git thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SWSteve

Guru
80 year old track racer gets one year ban and loses five years of results for fifteen years on meds that are also PEDs: https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/usada-ban-80-year-old-racer-for-doping/

Applying for a retroactive TUE...for 5 years of use 😂

They just make it worse? "Quintana reached Paris in 17th place overall, his lowest finish in a Grand Tour since the 2012 Vuelta a España."

:ohmy: NoooRo

Let's see what information d reporting provides, needles and saline always look dodgy but it could be crash injury related and on the limit.

Last edited:

SWSteve

Guru
:ohmy: NoooRo

Let's see what information d reporting provides, needles and saline always look dodgy but it could be crash injury related and on the limit.

it’s starting to get fishy. There are stories the soigneure might have been privately hired by Nairoman, and there’s a possibility someone dropped a private doctor in to replace the team doctor.

Matt Rendell is getting torn to shreds on Twitter for just reporting what he is being told. Madness, just let the guy report what he knowsvalue at her than expect him to be able to read minds

Reactions: mjr

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I thought that needles were actually banned these days but I just looked up the rule and it is this...

UCI regulations said:
The following are prohibited:
Intravenous infusions and/or injections of more than a total of 100 mL per 12 hour period except for those legitimately received in the course of hospital treatments, surgical procedures or clinical diagnostic investigations
So, having needles around wouldn't be a breach of the rules, and neither would having them stuck in you, unless the substances or amounts injected broke the rules!

I thought that needles were actually banned these days but I just looked up the rule and it is this...

So, having needles around wouldn't be a breach of the rules, and neither would having them stuck in you, unless the substances or amounts injected broke the rules!

arkea are MPCC and so beyond the UCI rules they have their own code of conduct, which I am too lazy to look up.

Ta add another layer, the raid looks to be French law enforcement and concerns domestic legislation rather than UCI rules

Last edited:
I can't see anything coming of this.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...-regrets-destroying-banned-drug-tribunal-told seems to have more quotes, mentioned in the CN article.

Do we know who Sutton is alleged to have KO'd? Has this accusation been made publicly before?

I think Freeman is lost but how many will he try to take down with him to try to redeem himself and how many of those will deserve it?

Also, how was Freeman involved with the FA anti doping? He was working for Bolton 2001-9 which included their run of four consecutive top-eight finishes and two UEFA Cup runs, but did he hold any wider post?

Top Bottom