Doping git thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
On the other hand, I thought what he said about the 'new UCI' was entirely accurate...
Apart from saying that Cookson was negligent and feeble in not denying Astana a licence on the one hand, and then going on to admit that his hands had been tied by present regulation.
Cake and eating it?

raindog

er.....

thom

____
ITYM narcissus (as in daffodil)
He really liked daffodil coloured clothing too.
Should have realised it betrayed his true self.

Personally I think the stuff about the UCI is tittle tattle. In real life there ain't such a thing as heroes who clicked their fingers and magically fixed everything.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I thought it ironic that a past user hooks up with a band called future user. ;)
I think that was deliberate. At least, I hope it was!

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Anyone seen the Lance Armstrong doc? Also, who else thinks an awesome biopic is urgently needed of LA's crazy doped up exploits?

Watched it on the plane last week. Taught me a bit more about Lance that was missing from my knowledge, having only recently got into cycling (doing) and pro racing (watching). A lot of allegations on there that Lance still denies. Film (I think) started off as a puff piece for LA, and then he admitted the doping on TV, and hence the film got completely re-written.

oldroadman

Veteran
Apart from saying that Cookson was negligent and feeble in not denying Astana a licence on the one hand, and then going on to admit that his hands had been tied by present regulation.
Cake and eating it?
Where in lies Brian Cookson's dilemma. he wants to do the right thing and appears to have devolved decisions to commissions of experts who look at all the evidence and doubtless other matters, then arrive at a position. Hopefully the days of Presidents (*and "honorary past presidents") having a veto on everythhas to take the flack, he wanted the job and the days of being and being opaque are gone. BC will be judged when the next election comes, I hope he's in it for the long haul, at least two terms.

Team Dope team presentation in Dubai, along with a man who seems to have had considerable influence in others' choice to dope (including his own son)
B8whC8QCAAA_wxC.jpg

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Weren't there two biopics in production last year (separate from The Armstrong Lie doc)? What happened to them?
The Stephen Frears-directed one, based on David Walsh's 'Seven Deadly Sins', starring Ben Foster, has now been titled 'Icon', and is due in the autumn. JJ Abrams' production company is working on an adaption of Juliet Macur's 'Cycle of Lies'. Nothing concrete about that one yet. There's also one about Tyler Hamilton in the works.

Slightly old news which I had missed, Ulissi's ban for testing positive at last year's Giro has been decided at 9 months, which means he'll be back riding in March 2015.

"The Italian, who had declared the use of an inhaler, was found by Swiss anti-doping authorities to have acted negligently but not with the intention to improve his performance, a Lampre-Merida statement said."
http://www1.skysports.com/cycling/n...n-for-failing-drugs-test-at-2014-giro-ditalia

I despair. I really do.
Meanwhile, the UCI announce something about how nice cycling is blah, blah, blah

Top Bottom