Doping git thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thom

____
Slightly old news which I had missed, Ulissi's ban for testing positive at last year's Giro has been decided at 9 months, which means he'll be back riding in March 2015.

"The Italian, who had declared the use of an inhaler, was found by Swiss anti-doping authorities to have acted negligently but not with the intention to improve his performance, a Lampre-Merida statement said."
http://www1.skysports.com/cycling/n...n-for-failing-drugs-test-at-2014-giro-ditalia

I despair. I really do.
Meanwhile, the UCI announce something about how nice cycling is blah, blah, blah
Are the actions of an independent anti-doping authority linked to the UCI these days ?

Ganymede

Veteran
I was watching the night slalom on the telly on Sunday afternoon. Russian won it. I just couldn't help thinking he'd doped, he had a .7 second lead over chaps he'd never beaten before and was like a man-mountain. Mr G told me to shut up because it was perfectly possible and one of his descents had actually been slower than one of the other chaps'. I'd like to have been less suspicious. He was chuffing good though - real style too, so I think I'm going to stop thinking about it.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
"It's too easy that many people just point at us..."

Yes, Al - far, far too easy to point at you.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Neri Sottoli still have a UCI licence despite being 'suspended' from the MPCC. And their logo still appears on the MPCC's website.

Does anyone really believe there's anything 'credible' about the MPCC?

It just reminds me of the charter all those teams signed in 1999 following the Festina affair.

The Couch

Über Member
Astana suspended itself from racing and missed the Tour of Beijing
Sound truly heart-braking, doesn't it ?

We really would have preferred that Iglinsky hadn't waited a couple of days before accepting his doping penalty, then we would have been suspended for the Kazahk Tour and could have ridden the important - totally not inconveniently placed (both on location and timing) - Beijing Tour
Ok... this might not have been an exact quote ;)

I have always maintained that this is a different matter than, for example, Rabobank or T-Mobile, where there was talk of organized doping from the team
Hey...?!? is he changing his stance and is he going to cooperate with the investigations about the old days and talk about who was all involved?
Naaa... probably a slip of the tongue

Neri Sottoli still have a UCI licence despite being 'suspended' from the MPCC. And their logo still appears on the MPCC's website.
Wow... I had to check that one out and indeed it's incredible, but true :laugh:
(although in their defense, at least it does say "equippe suspendue de MPCC" instead of the team-website link)

Top Bottom