Doping git thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Cookson says that the UCI will take the Czech clearing of Kreuziger to CAS.
RK's main defence was that he said he didn't do it!

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Of course he didn't do it. A bigger boy did it and ran away. And to add insult to injury, the dog then ate his homework.

I read that Santambrogio is to return to the peloton. I am astounded guys like this are re-signed, given the fall out from positive results. I would like to think if I was running a team I would turn to new and upcoming riders before considering high risk proven dopers, repentant or otherwise.

I read that Santambrogio is to return to the peloton. I am astounded guys like this are re-signed, given the fall out from positive results. I would like to think if I was running a team I would turn to new and upcoming riders before considering high risk proven dopers, repentant or otherwise.
Couldn't agree more.
Do the DS's have a say in who a team hires? Or is it solely senior management - e.g. Riis, Vino etc - that's where the problem lies.

400bhp

Guru

Who was it that said something like (paraphrasing here) when does sport become pure entertainment?

It doesn't really surprise me. I think us Brits are more rigid about doping than others are (rightly or wrongly). Second chances and all that...

this could be interesting http://www.cyclingquotes.com/news/19_athletes_accused_of_doping/
jurgen van den broeck released a statement saying he only used him for a sinus problem..
this from a belguim newspaper......."The Flemish TV station VTM early 2013 received an anonymous letter stating that the entire Belgian cycling team was prepared at the World Championships in Valkenburg (2012), by Mertens. The Belgian Philippe Gilbert became world champion."
More on this and links now to cyclocross........

http://road.cc/content/news/134516-cyclo-cross-riders-reportedly-linked-belgian-blood-doping-probe

Interesting doping git graphic, points per year for selected riders pre-and post-doping ban
B2MpbyxCcAAtLs2.jpg

There have been additions to the UCI lists of provisional suspensions and banned riders - including a 17 year old on the provisionally suspended list; the future is bright, eh?

classic33

Leg End Member
"Veteran Scottish track cyclist Bruce Croall has received a doping ban of six months despite a tribunal accepting that the cyclist didn’t intentionally took an illegal stimulant.

The National Anti-Doping Panel back-dated the suspension to the time of his offence last year, which means Croall is free to ride again. The track cyclist is on track for a first Commonwealth Games selection. It was agreed by a special panel including a QC and a medical expert that the veteran Scottish cyclist tested positive for Oxilofrine, a ‘specified substance’ under the UCI’s Anti-Doping Rules, as a result of him using a supplement – Dorian Yates Nox Pump. The cyclist, who qualified for the kilo at Glasgow 2014, tested positive after he was placed in two veterans’ races at the UCI World Track Masters in Manchester on October 6 and October 9 last year."

http://www.evolutionary.org/scottish-track-cyclist-receives-doping-ban/

Top Bottom