Doping git thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In more depressing news...
Matt Rendell has announced there are rumours that 472-Colombia (the Conti-tour team) has ended.
If confirmed Rendell states that they "have kicked to death the flagbearer of clean Colombian sport and taken great joy in it."

It just goes from bad to worse for that poor Vinokourov chap. Looks like he thinks there's one more to come...
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQe3Wa1CThh9BGFr0hSAzZH6HuHID4ZjFZ4EEEOlyqzUJDCFvb6.jpg

Told you so...<goes off to find a picture of Vino holding both hands up...>

thom

____
Surely Nibali has to leave Astana.
I think he's clean and I thought he cares.
If he doesn't leave after all this, it's not that I think he's a doper, it's just he's condoning a culture where people gave it a shot.

He should get out for his own credibility.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If he doesn't leave after all this, it's not that I think he's a doper, it's just he's condoning a culture where people gave it a shot.

I've been thinking that too!

He surely can't just go on saying that he is "angry" about those riders when every new case makes his position more uncomfortable ...

The Couch

Über Member
I've been thinking that too!

He surely can't just go on saying that he is "angry" about those riders when every new case makes his position more uncomfortable ...
Even Lars Boom, who hasn't ridden an official race with Astana yet (since he just transferred in) has already made a public comment on Astana (after the 4th guy was found out)

The Couch

Über Member

resal

Veteran

Interesting take on credibility.

Made my day ! Not wearing a yellow wrist band but the determination "to believe" is awesome.

All those Sky jerseys sold - some serious skin has been put in the game. I would not like to be opening those kit drawers before going on a ride.

Back to Astana - I still on with my plot - Makarov will be more than capable of finding out where the skeletons are - a few riders closer to home will need to hope Cookson keeps him sweet - I would love to know what he has against Astana.

thom

____
Interesting take on credibility.
You think people won't put 2 and 2 together to get 5 ?

Interesting take on humanity, curious take on cycling fans in particular !

Cyclists, old or new, know what fans expect : they should be prepared to put the sport before themselves and condemn doping by their actions.

Thats how they get credibility. Winning is not the only way to earn respect.

He's risking his reputation - that is stating the blooming obvious.

Last edited:
Top Bottom